DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nandroid restore data error

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto-Droid-Any Rom, Any Day

Nandroid restore data error

I have been having an issue restoring user data from nandroid backups. I am using Touch CWM recovery that comes with Tranqice v6h. I can sucessfully make backups through recovery but when I try to restore it gets halfway through data and stops. It says "error restoring data". At first I thought it was a bad backup but this has happened with 3 made with Touch CWM recovery. Anybody had this and any suggestions?
  2. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Have you tried w/ the recovery that isn't touch? I haven't tried to restore a backup at all yet.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I did try to restore the backup by flashing the recovery from Rom Manager. Did not work. My next step is to make a backup from that one and try to restore. Eliminate touch all together.

Tried it, still no luck.
    Last edited by gmony01; 01-18-2012 at 03:29 AM.
  4. Nexus Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gmony01 View Post
    I did try to restore the backup by flashing the recovery from Rom Manager. Did not work. My next step is to make a backup from that one and try to restore. Eliminate touch all together.

Tried it, still no luck.
    That would have been my next suggestion. With the Fascinate we had a ton of different recoveries and they were all real picky about restoring backups made with other recoveries.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Taking a look at the erro log it possibly could be an APP causing it. I'll try to get rid of it, make an backup and restore it.
  6. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    I have been having an issue restoring user data from nandroid backups. I am using Touch CWM recovery that comes with Tranqice v6h. I can sucessfully make backups through recovery but when I try to restore it gets halfway through data and stops. It says "error restoring data". At first I thought it was a bad backup but this has happened with 3 made with Touch CWM recovery. Anybody had this and any suggestions?
    Are you renaming the backups? Where they made through Rom Manager?

You can check out this thread: [Recovery]Touch Based ClockworkMod Recovery - RootzWiki

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I have had this issue as well. I have tried to resolve it in the same ways you have. Did you ever
    a solution?
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Do you have the app voodoo ota root protection installed?
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    No I have not fixed this issue yet. i'm starting to believe it comes from a few +mb size apps recovering is tryin to restore. i think the cuplprits for me are Angry Birds(all three versions) and another game. Have yet to make a backup without these and try to restore. Will let you know.

No I do not have that app.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    No I have not fixed this issue yet. i'm starting to believe it comes from a few +mb size apps recovering is tryin to restore. i think the cuplprits for me are Angry Birds(all three versions) and another game. Have yet to make a backup without these and try to restore. Will let you know.

No I do not have that app.
    Thank you for replying. I have the exact same scenario and error that you have described. I have not been able to ascertain the reason behind the issue. I saw on a forum that the voodoo app may be responsible for the issue however after uninstalling and clearing the data and cache from that app it did not alleviate the issue. I am going to try and narrow down the apps I have installed and see if I can isolate the issue. I will also keep you updated on my progress or if I come across a solution. Thank you again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links