Actually I am running axiom 2.4 right now, but am thinking about going to go back to being rooted w/out a custom ROM. One of the main reasons might be a silly one, but it's because when I've got the screen off and adjust the music volume the screen doesn't turn on w/ stock. I like that! I change the volume a ton and don't like having to always to press the button to turn it off.
1. I guess since I'm on this rant I might as well as if any of the ROM's have this feature?
2. Do many people root w/out installing a custom ROM? I didn't have a problem w/ the performance or anything, but I liked to be able to make backups and block ads which is the main reason I rooted.
3. What kernel would you suggest I use? Should I just use the stock?
4. Should I use setcpu or does the kernel take care things by itself like it did w/ Axiom?
5. Will I get prompted to install updates from google and if so if I accept them will it unroot me?