DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung GT-I9250
    Out of nowhere last night, my phone reset itself and then the google logo came up with a slight vibration (like ususal when it starts up) but instead of moving onto the colorful animation and then to the phone itself powered up, it just keeps looping in the google screen. It says google, vibrates, goes black then says google, vibrates, and on an on until you pull the battery out. I went into developer mode by pressing the power button and the two volume keys and tried going into recovery mode but it did nothing. I called google and samsung and neither can figure it out. I downloaded the software from post 1 to help me unlock and reset the phone, but there are no drivers for the GT-I9250 only the CDMA american version the SCH-I515 which is not compatible. Since my computer cannot find the phone due to a lack of driver availability, I am unable to unlock and remount it. Please help me I have been without a phone for a few days and I have no idea how to get it on. This phone was $850 this is unacceptable! I am in the USA by the way.
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    130 times
    Twitter
    TLB687
    Phone
    Note 3 rockin 4.4.2 Kit Kat
    I dont see any numbers above where it says-List of devices attached-What do I do?
    "I'll stop buying smartphones when they make One smarter than me."Where's the stylus pen on the new One?
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I have a question if I may.. I recently flashed the 4.0.4 zip with the new radios and everything that came with it ( which I think was a new boot loader too). Could I still use this wonderful tool to flash back to 100% stock and locked? When and if I wanted to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  4. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by aramos87 View Post
    I have a question if I may.. I recently flashed the 4.0.4 zip with the new radios and everything that came with it ( which I think was a new boot loader too). Could I still use this wonderful tool to flash back to 100% stock and locked? When and if I wanted to?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Yes

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I'm running 4.0.4 and used this root toolkit to unlock and root. Every step of the process goes fine, no problems. However, Titanium backup says it can't access root. Any ideas?
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    65 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin1016 View Post
    I'm running 4.0.4 and used this root toolkit to unlock and root. Every step of the process goes fine, no problems. However, Titanium backup says it can't access root. Any ideas?
    Are you sure you are rooted? Have the Superuser app in your drawer?

Download another app, like say https://market.android.com/details?i...al.androidterm <-- terminal emulator. Open it and type su if a popup comes up, click allow. If there is no popup, you aren't rooted.

If you do have the superuser app and the terminal emulator is allowed root permissions, open up Superuser and see if titanium backup is blocked.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by cupfulloflol View Post
    Are you sure you are rooted? Have the Superuser app in your drawer?

Download another app, like say https://market.android.com/details?i...al.androidterm <-- terminal emulator. Open it and type su if a popup comes up, click allow. If there is no popup, you aren't rooted.

If you do have the superuser app and the terminal emulator is allowed root permissions, open up Superuser and see if titanium backup is blocked.
    Permission is denied. So, apparently I'm not rooted. However, the root toolkit goes through the whole root process with no problems?
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I just flashed back to stock 4.0.2 and then used the toolkit to unlock and root. Everything works fine now. It's odd that it won't work on 4.0.4. 4.0.4 isn't worth the headache since I don't have any issues on 4.0.2.
  9. Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin1016 View Post
    I just flashed back to stock 4.0.2 and then used the toolkit to unlock and root. Everything works fine now. It's odd that it won't work on 4.0.4. 4.0.4 isn't worth the headache since I don't have any issues on 4.0.2.
    You need to flash a modded su.zip for 4.0.4 - http://goo-inside.me/devs/WugFresh/Miscellaneous/su.zip

You could boot into clockwork and flash that. Or replace the su.zip that is currently in the package with that one and run through the root process again.

It resides here:
    %HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data\su.zip

Version 1.4 of my program will include this... but for now, the above solution will work.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by WugFresh View Post
    You need to flash a modded su.zip for 4.0.4 - Goo-inside.me Downloads - Downloading su.zip

You could boot into clockwork and flash that. Or replace the su.zip that is currently in the package with that one and run through the root process again.

It resides here:
    %HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit\data\su.zip

Version 1.4 of my program will include this... but for now, the above solution will work.

{{ WugFresh }}
    That worked. Thanks!
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Links