DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 206
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]

  1. Junior Droid
    moto57's Avatar
    Member #
    244120
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Springfield, Mo
    Posts
    6
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    If you were at the point were at the point where you just needed to select Recovery from Fastboot, and did that, you should be fine. It seems like you got into CWM recovery. Did you flash the SU.zip before rebooting? Also, if you rebooted and didn't run the automated script by Wug after flashing SU.zip and rebooting...CWM recovery probably didn't stick. If you did flash the SU.zip before rebooting, trying going into ROM manager and flashing CWM there. Supposedly that will make recovery work.
    I kind of did it backwards to what you are saying. I ran the automated script (by accident) before going into recovery and flashing SU.zip. It flashed over fine, I backed out to the main menu and when I went to reboot the system it was not allowing me to click it. The power button was simply turning my screen off and on. Regardless, I tried it again just now and it worked haha. I rebooted, went into ROM manager and flashed CWM from there (as the instructions stated), so I suppose everything is good? Thanks for the reply!
  2. Droid
    Thetaman's Avatar
    Member #
    89218
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    th3taman
    Phone
    LG G2
    #92
    Quote Originally Posted by moto57 View Post
    I kind of did it backwards to what you are saying. I ran the automated script (by accident) before going into recovery and flashing SU.zip. It flashed over fine, I backed out to the main menu and when I went to reboot the system it was not allowing me to click it. The power button was simply turning my screen off and on. Regardless, I tried it again just now and it worked haha. I rebooted, went into ROM manager and flashed CWM from there (as the instructions stated), so I suppose everything is good? Thanks for the reply!
    Glad it worked out...I know when things don't go exactly right when rooting, it can really freak a person out.
  3. Developer
    WugFresh's Avatar
    Member #
    124122
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    594
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #93
    Quote Originally Posted by moto57 View Post
    I kind of did it backwards to what you are saying. I ran the automated script (by accident) before going into recovery and flashing SU.zip. It flashed over fine, I backed out to the main menu and when I went to reboot the system it was not allowing me to click it. The power button was simply turning my screen off and on. Regardless, I tried it again just now and it worked haha. I rebooted, went into ROM manager and flashed CWM from there (as the instructions stated), so I suppose everything is good? Thanks for the reply!
    Nice! I often tell people that 85% of computer related problems can be solved by toggling things off/on or just starting over...lol. Never underestimate the power of 'round two' :-)

    {{ WugFresh }}
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

    ..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  4. Droid
    Thetaman's Avatar
    Member #
    89218
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    5 times
    Twitter
    th3taman
    Phone
    LG G2
    #94
    Didn't say this last night, but well done Wug!

    I got my G Nexus unlocked and rooted last night! The hardest part for me was the installation of the drivers...I was having a "duh" moment not realizing I needed to plug in my device to get the drivers completely updated. Also, might of had problems because I was having "fake tea" with my 2 year old and trying to do this at the same time!

    Anyway, well thought out tool with complete steps that don't seem to miss anything. I have seen many instructions over the years using Android where a dev will leave out some key steps just because the process is second nature to them. This is definitely a usable root method for any noobie!

    I will get you a donation next week...short right now because I had to unexpectedly fix a broken furnace this weekend.
  5. Developer
    WugFresh's Avatar
    Member #
    124122
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    594
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #95
    Quote Originally Posted by Thetaman View Post
    Didn't say this last night, but well done Wug!

    I got my G Nexus unlocked and rooted last night! The hardest part for me was the installation of the drivers...I was having a "duh" moment not realizing I needed to plug in my device to get the drivers completely updated. Also, might of had problems because I was having "fake tea" with my 2 year old and trying to do this at the same time!

    Anyway, well thought out tool with complete steps that don't seem to miss anything. I have seen many instructions over the years using Android where a dev will leave out some key steps just because the process is second nature to them. This is definitely a usable root method for any noobie!

    I will get you a donation next week...short right now because I had to unexpectedly fix a broken furnace this weekend.
    Thank you! I am happy to hear it worked well for and that you found it to be user friendly. Haha, yes.. I forgot to include a warning about avoiding tea parties while rooting.. lol ;-)

    Enjoy!

    {{ WugFresh }}
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

    ..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  6. Droid Newbie
    NCguy's Avatar
    Member #
    248692
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus GSM
    #96
    I haven't installed the toolkit just yet (looks great!) but I noticed that Backup Apps + Data gives you the option to backup system apps. I didn't see from the doc where there was an option to restore system apps? Is there any granularity between what you choose to backup (Apps, Data, System Apps, System Data) and what you choose to subsequently restore (Apps, Data, System Apps, System Data)? Or is the mix you choose to backup the only mix that can be restored?

    Also, is the backup/restore for files and data only intended between (same/different?) versions on the stock roms and (not?) for use with custom roms? Just wondering how far this would go before you had to use titanium?
  7. Developer
    WugFresh's Avatar
    Member #
    124122
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    594
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #97
    Quote Originally Posted by NCguy View Post
    I haven't installed the toolkit just yet (looks great!) but I noticed that Backup Apps + Data gives you the option to backup system apps. I didn't see from the doc where there was an option to restore system apps? Is there any granularity between what you choose to backup (Apps, Data, System Apps, System Data) and what you choose to subsequently restore (Apps, Data, System Apps, System Data)? Or is the mix you choose to backup the only mix that can be restored?

    Also, is the backup/restore for files and data only intended between (same/different?) versions on the stock roms and (not?) for use with custom roms? Just wondering how far this would go before you had to use titanium?
    When you select the backup apps + data button, you are presented with a choice to backup just user apps + data, or user app + data and system apps + data. Its recommended to only backup user apps, because restoring system apps is known to potentially cause problems. Regarding selective restoring. No.. it's a batch process. It restores the whole restore file. Regarding a more selective backup... its not really possible for me to do it in a way that didn't just create a million backups.. Like I could make a way to have the end user selectively backup individual apps and data.. but I don't think I can make it do it all in one backup file. Plus.. there would have to be a cool way to list all the apps the user has on their phone currently... otherwise the user would have to type in the exact app name they wanted to restore.. and that would kind of defeat the point of it being automated. I will look into a more selective, user choice governed backup.

    For now backing up user apps + data and restoring them on a custom ROM is entirely ok. Go for it. Enjoy!

    {{ WugFresh }}
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

    ..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  8. Senior Droid
    nbucko's Avatar
    Member #
    37859
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #98
    OK need some help. I downloaded 1.3 and ran it. Did the drivers part like the instructions said and then realized I hadn't backed up anything off my phone. No big deal I figured, closed the toolkit, backed up all my stuff and launched the toolkit again. Did the drivers option again since I closed it before I finished that section and now I get the following error after the part where you're supposed to get rid of any old drivers etc.

    [Toolkit] Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0 [Updated 11/26/12]-untitled.jpg

    On top of that I've uninstalled the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones and removed the WUG directory from C: to try to start fresh. Always get the same thing and I'm afraid to go any further. It seemed to be working the first time I tried before I stopped it in the middle to back up all my files. How should I go about getting back there to start over or correct this error?
  9. Developer
    WugFresh's Avatar
    Member #
    124122
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    594
    Liked
    33 times
    Twitter
    @wugfresh
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA)
    DroidForums.net Developer
    #99
    Quote Originally Posted by nbucko View Post
    OK need some help. I downloaded 1.3 and ran it. Did the drivers part like the instructions said and then realized I hadn't backed up anything off my phone. No big deal I figured, closed the toolkit, backed up all my stuff and launched the toolkit again. Did the drivers option again since I closed it before I finished that section and now I get the following error after the part where you're supposed to get rid of any old drivers etc.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	46414

    On top of that I've uninstalled the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones and removed the WUG directory from C: to try to start fresh. Always get the same thing and I'm afraid to go any further. It seemed to be working the first time I tried before I stopped it in the middle to back up all my files. How should I go about getting back there to start over or correct this error?
    Yeah.. I put that in in case the auto driver configuration didn't work, the "Something went wrong..." just means that the auto configuration didn't work.. but then it goes right into manual driver instructions. No need to be scared to keep going, you just need to configure your drivers... that's all. If you want more detailed instructions on driver configuration, check out: Manual Driver Configuration | WugFresh

    The same manual steps are included in the script though... in a slightly more abbreviated version.

    {{ WugFresh }}
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!):
    +Nexus Root Toolkit v1.6.0

    ..:: Follow me on twitter @WugFresh::..
  10. Senior Droid
    nbucko's Avatar
    Member #
    37859
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    239
    Liked
    13 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Thanks for the reply. I ended up using the pdanet / superboot method and got my root. Just have to get cwm on so I can rom.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Nexus - Wifi Tethering without the need for root
    By akhenax in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 04-01-2013, 01:42 PM
  2. [How To] Unlock Bootloader & Root Galaxy Nexus
    By sbenson in forum Galaxy Nexus Development
    Replies: 525
    Last Post: 03-27-2013, 07:32 AM
  3. GALAXY NEXUS OTA Updates and Root Access
    By kb24forlife24 in forum Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-29-2011, 06:03 PM
  4. Root Galaxy Nexus
    By alm0614 in forum Galaxy Nexus Development
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-23-2011, 04:58 AM

Search tags for this page

fastboot command read error
,
galaxy nexus root
,
galaxy nexus root toolbox
,
gnexroottoolkit.sfx.exe
,
gnexroottoolkit.sfx.exe download
,

gnexroottoolkit.v1.3.sfx.exe

,
nexus root toolkit
,
nexus root toolkit v1.6.0
,
wug's tool kit
,

wug's toolkit

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+