DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Set CPU

1. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound

Set CPU

So I rooted, but waiting to see some reviews on roms before I go that route (if at all). My main reason for flashing a rom would be for the kernel, and perhaps some other minor tweaks/hacks.

Anyway, I fired up CPU and set the underclock to the minimum of 350mhz. Set it to interactive, and BOOM! significant instant boost to battery life.

Seems to be working, but was curious if anyone has other feedback.

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x with everything on it
    That till always give you a boost its severely underclocked to levels that of which of the iPhone! Haha jk but I that is a drastic amount I usually leave mine at about 700 MHz when I'm not going to be using to save battery
  4. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    206 times
    Phone
    Driod>Galaxy Nexus
    I have mine set to 350mhz(min) 1.35ghz(max) with a screen off profile of 350mhz/350mhz. Battery life is insane and phone always wakes up in a snappy manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Diab210 View Post
    Im typing this from the galaxy nexus uts awesone
    All hail the first post from a LTE Galaxy Nexus!
  5. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Tbh, I don't get setCPU at all anyone mind telling me how to use it and the settings they put it on? I'm on the apex kernal currently.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Ya having a screen off profile set at 350/350 is awesome. has done amazing work to my battery and it still is snappy coming out of sleep. LOVE IT!

to benland: its very simple. Make sure you have root. When you first boot it up, a msg will pop up, click the "auto detect" button and then allow superuser. Then on the main screen, set what you want the max and min frequencies to be and then click set on boot. After that, feel free to set up profiles. The only profile i have set up currently is: Screen off. 350/350. priority:100.
  7. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeric828 View Post
    Ya having a screen off profile set at 350/350 is awesome. has done amazing work to my battery and it still is snappy coming out of sleep. LOVE IT!
    I must have missed something or not been paying close attention. I thought 350 was the min setting, which I assume is setting both CPU's at 350. Agreed no issues coming out of sleep (or receiving notifications/data while in sleep). Now if you take advantage of the 1gig ram and load it up with a bunch of apps running services, I could see that becoming an issue.

Now that I think about it, I just selected 350 as the min. I have no "sleep" profile so, in theory, my phone can rev-up to 1200 in sleep if need be (but generally in sleep it should be running at 350). So I'm probably not getting full advantage of the potential battery savings.
  8. Beta Team
    Member #
    Liked
    193 times
    Twitter
    BlackBlizzNerd
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2/Galaxy Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigeric828 View Post

to benland: its very simple. Make sure you have root. When you first boot it up, a msg will pop up, click the "auto detect" button and then allow superuser. Then on the main screen, set what you want the max and min frequencies to be and then click set on boot. After that, feel free to set up profiles. The only profile i have set up currently is: Screen off. 350/350. priority:100.
    Thanks! Using same settings right now, is helping a lot! Are you set on interactive?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    II New Signature Finally! Made by Me II II Rooted Galaxy Nexus II
    II - AOKP AXIOM MORPHR - II
    II Want a signature like mine? Ask on Twtter! II

II Link to my work: http://tinypic.com/BenLand150 II
  9. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    401 times
    Phone
    HTC Rezound
    I'm on interactive (just because it's the default, and on the OG Droid most developers had that as the default governor on their rom). But I really have no clue what the differences are between interactive, on demand, etc...
  10. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    81 times
    Phone
    Moto X
    In my experiences, on all of my android devices, the interactive governor runs substantially more hot than the on demand governor.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by patmw123 View Post
    In my experiences, on all of my android devices, the interactive governor runs substantially more hot than the on demand governor.
    That's because the moment it wakes up, the governor "fires" in a sense. Wake up the phone and it immediately jumps to near max clock speed. It's for those who like the phone to run smoother.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links