DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Samsung Galaxy Nexus Overclock

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2,TBolt, Charge, Bionic, GNex

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Overclock

Anyone figure out how to overclock the GNex?
  2. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thisiswang View Post
    Anyone figure out how to overclock the GNex?
    I saw some 1.4Ghz kernels: xda-developers - View Single Post - [INFO] Roms, Kernels, Mods and MORE! Check it out Just be very, very careful that you are looking at CDMA kernel and not a GSM kernel!!!
    Baton Rouge, LA
  3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    D2,TBolt, Charge, Bionic, GNex
    any instructions on how to push the kernal? tried the command in fastboot but it didn't work
  4. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    Quote Originally Posted by thisiswang View Post
    any instructions on how to push the kernal? tried the command in fastboot but it didn't work
    I'm not sure, but if fastboot didn't work, I'd think it was meant to be flashed with CWM. But I would not play around with it unitl I knew exactly what to do.

Good luck.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    36 times
    Phone
    Moto Droid
    Read on XDA that they are having a tough time getting past 1.4Ghz safely. no one as of a few days ago could get past 1.5. Just take a while longer I guess.
    I scream! You scream! We all scream for ICE CREAM SANDWICH!
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x mb810
    Quote Originally Posted by 561427 View Post
    Read on XDA that they are having a tough time getting past 1.4Ghz safely. no one as of a few days ago could get past 1.5. Just take a while longer I guess.
    Isn't the chip set rated for 1.5 from the factory? I thought we'd have some stable 1.7's and 1.8's shortly after release (especially after seeing how fast the dev community is moving forward with this bad boy). Hell I figured there'd be a toggle widget by now and everything, but I am a patient man and would rather wait for a stable build. Definitely looking forward to overclocking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by throwbot View Post
    Isn't the chip set rated for 1.5 from the factory? I thought we'd have some stable 1.7's and 1.8's shortly after release (especially after seeing how fast the dev community is moving forward with this bad boy). Hell I figured there'd be a toggle widget by now and everything, but I am a patient man and would rather wait for a stable build. Definitely looking forward to overclocking.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
    Its the same chipset thats in rzr and bionic. Dont be fooled by the difference in chipset #. They are all native to 1.2. Not 1.5.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0rcist View Post
    Its the same chipset thats in rzr and bionic. Dont be fooled by the difference in chipset #. They are all native to 1.2. Not 1.5.

Sort of. The OMAP4460 is a higher-binned chip that can run natively at 1.5GHz with the same voltage as the 4430 can run at 1.2GHz. It is running at 1.2GHz to conserve battery. They are similar but not the same.
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    19 times
    Phone
    droid bionic
    Quote Originally Posted by Creed View Post
    Sort of. The OMAP4460 is a higher-binned chip that can run natively at 1.5GHz with the same voltage as the 4430 can run at 1.2GHz. It is running at 1.2GHz to conserve battery. They are similar but not the same.
    Lol idk why people argue this. Physically they ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.. gnex chipsets were chosen from the same manufacturers process for thier higher frequencies at lower voltage characteristics. But Thats all in the die process.. just like one i7 processor will oc better than the next.. doesn't mean they are different. ... Exactly the same chipset.

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    DROID 2.0.1
    Quote Originally Posted by ex0rcist View Post
    Lol idk why people argue this. Physically they ARE EXACTLY THE SAME.. gnex chipsets were chosen from the same manufacturers process for thier higher frequencies at lower voltage characteristics. But Thats all in the die process.. just like one i7 processor will oc better than the next.. doesn't mean they are different. ... Exactly the same chipset.

Your statement is true, but then again there IS a difference between the two chipsets.

And that is despite the fact that they were made with the same design and same manufacturing process, they clock higher at the same voltage due to uncontrollable manufacturing differences.....which is pretty much what creed said :-) The higher ones are marketed as the 4460, the others as 4430. I wouldn't call them exactly the same chipset if they both aren't capable of doing the same thing
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links