DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Got Google Wallet working

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by gmmurphy View Post
    was running perfect til then, did not install cwm yet either. sugestions
    hmmm... not sure... sorry... always best to have CWM installed when rooted. Guess you tried pulling the battery?
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    AOKP JB build ROM, IMO JB exp Kernel,
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  2. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by mattv111 View Post
    The guide says we do not need to be rooted if in the us. Is that true?

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    From what I have read, you do not need to be rooted to simply install the google wallet apk and have it work.

All I did was install the google wallet apk found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?2oqw5uur1af9uuj and ran it, followed the prompts what to do next. The OP guide you don't want to do now since this .apk is available. I read somewhere if you use the flash method before simply using this .apk install it screws something up. So just download using this link and install rooted or non-rooted.
    Last edited by captdroid; 12-18-2011 at 06:30 PM.
    My first smartphone was a Droid 1. Then I found the Nexus... Galaxy Nexus LTE unlocked & rooted...
    Root Apps - Titanium Backup, Root Explorer, SetCPU, ROM Toolbox, Rom Mangler/ClockworkMod, CWMR Touch, Lightflow, SD Maid, Nova Launcher
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    90 times
    Twitter
    THE_Yakitori
    Phone
    TBolt, D1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Yeah...me too . No need to push a modified XML nd fix permission and all that...just side load the apk... rooted or not. Just check unknown sources.

sent from unlocked gnex
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Did mine on a bone stock gnex, no rooting.
    Member #
    Phone
    VZW Galaxy Nexus
    Have mine setup and working, but my question is, how will I get updates since it doesn't reflect in "My Apps" portion of the market? I saw there's a check for updates inside GW but I figured it'd get updated like any others did via the market.

FWIW - Noob to Android, coming from a winmo phone so bear with me if this is a dumb question..
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ksilverbullet View Post
    Have mine setup and working, but my question is, how will I get updates since it doesn't reflect in "My Apps" portion of the market? I saw there's a check for updates inside GW but I figured it'd get updated like any others did via the market.

FWIW - Noob to Android, coming from a winmo phone so bear with me if this is a dumb question..
    Yea looks like the updates for Google Wallet on our Galaxy Nexus will come from the built in 'check for update' the Google Wallet program. I am guessing some sort of notification will show up when update available.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    I had some issues completing a transaction.... Tried using at BP... Opened App, entered PIN, selected the Pre Paid Google card. Balance shows $10. I tap the phone to the PayPass... It says SENT, but the cashier said it didn't show up on her register... I tried it again. Tap the phone, it says SENT, but it doesn't register as a payment. So I just used my debit card and off I went.

Now when I go to the transactions in Wallet, it shows 2 transactions as "sent", but there is no dollar amount. Am I missing something, or did the BP not have something right on their end?? Isnt a dollar amount supposed to show on the phone when the transaction is complete?
  8. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    61 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by bgrubb7 View Post
    I had some issues completing a transaction.... Tried using at BP... Opened App, entered PIN, selected the Pre Paid Google card. Balance shows $10. I tap the phone to the PayPass... It says SENT, but the cashier said it didn't show up on her register... I tried it again. Tap the phone, it says SENT, but it doesn't register as a payment. So I just used my debit card and off I went.

Now when I go to the transactions in Wallet, it shows 2 transactions as "sent", but there is no dollar amount. Am I missing something, or did the BP not have something right on their end?? Isnt a dollar amount supposed to show on the phone when the transaction is complete?
    Sounds like the transactions were sent from your phone via Google Wallet but the BP reader didn't register the transactions properly. I am guessing a problem on BP reader end of things.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by captdroid View Post
    Sounds like the transactions were sent from your phone via Google Wallet but the BP reader didn't register the transactions properly. I am guessing a problem on BP reader end of things.
    Either that or the cashier didn't do something right. She seemed clueless, and said she had never had anyone try to use it before... For those who have used it, has anyone noticed if the cashiers had to do anything special on their end after the phone reads sent, to complete the transaction? Or is it just automatic? I guess I'll have to make a trip to McDs to try it again...only other place in town that takes it.
    Last edited by bgrubb7; 12-19-2011 at 07:46 PM.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    how/where do i get this free $10 from google? Unrooted stock device just activated google wallet

Any help is appreciated.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Links