That finally did the trick. I did neet to pull the battery since the Google screen did lock. Once I rebooted, I had root, updated superuser, installed busybox, addfree, etc. Good to go. YOU FOLKS ARE THE BEST!! Thank you!
Mine keeps getting stuck on <waiting for device>. I can see the Android 1.0 in my device manager. I've installed the Samsung drivers and the PDAnet drivers. I've followed the directions to the letter so far, but my cmd prompt keeps getting stuck on the <waiting for device>
Droid X | 2.3.15 OTA | Rooted |DeOdexed
holy crap batman, it is about 10 minutes now installing the Samsung driver and it is still not done yet.
edit: Finally finished. Took like 20 minutes
Last edited by sxm; 12-16-2011 at 06:21 PM.