Here is a more clear set of directions:
1. Download and install Samsung_USB_Driver_for_Moblie_Phones_v1_4_6_0.
2. Connect phone to PC via USB.
3. Enable USB debugging.
4. Download and install Pdanet on both your computer and phone. Windows 32-bit or Windows 64-bit
5. Download and extract superboot folder, place it on C:/ and rename it to "root". Download Superboot
6. Power down phone.
7. Boot into bootloader(press and hole volume +/- simultaneously and power).
7a. On PC go to Start>Run and type "cmd" and hit enter.
7b. Type "cd.."(repeat until your at C:/)
7c. Type "cd root"
8. Type "fastboot-windows oem unlock" to unlockbootloader.
9. You'll receive warning about unlocking. Use volume + to highlight and power to confirm.
10. Click "install-superboot-windows.bat" that is in your "root" folder on C:/.
11. You should now have unlocked bootloader and root access.
Note: Phone will reboot and may take up to 5 minutes. If you get stuck at Google screen past 5 minutes
do a battery pull. After it's booted check for Superuser app and update(even if it says it's up to date).
Reboot after updating Superuser app.
Everything went fine with the unlocking process, but now the phone has no reception. Eventually it will give up searching for service in the activation screen and let me turn on wi-fi. Re-locking has done nothing, even did a factory reset. Any tips?