Hopefully, looking forward to getting this screen protector. Got high hopes for it lol
As for the galaxy Nexus I am hoping for a fuller cut but that's obviously up to you
Looks like my screen protector should be coming later today. Review to follow....
So just received and installed the screen protector. It must be me, but the protector was hard to align to my liking. I thought when installing the screen protector on my old Xoom was a bit easier for whatever reason.
1. One of the cheaper packed screen protectors I've seen and for the price, I was expecting more protection for it. Instead you get a piece of construction paper with regular thin plastic packaging to protect it
2. Alot of protectors with this price tag give two protectors, so kinda disappointed I only get one, but I knew it would only be one.
3. Comes with solution, but no type of card to work the bubbles out with...
4. My protector was horizontal to the packaging itself so it bent a bit. I hope the rest aren't packaged like this.
1. High quality screen protector, no doubt about it.
2. It's a very smooth protector, definitely smoother than any other I've used, but smoother as glass? Initial impressions for me prove otherwise, still like the feel of glass better.
3. Doesn't seem to attract fingerprint too much, better than the SGP on my Nexus, but that's putting an almost one year old screen protector vs brand new too (I never believed in the "no fingerprint" things)
4. Doesn't interfere with my case, wasn't expecting it to, but good to know it doesn't
5. No matter how much I try to flatten the edges they just won't stay down for now, and but hopefully they do when it dries. I didn't have this problem with my SGP on my Galaxy Nexus
Some stupid error on my part, didn't realize the camera cutout has plastic over it, now I have to remove the top to remove it which I don't want to go through again. Not that I use the camera on this Nexus 7 anyway, but just saying.
Overall so far, and there is some bubbling that I couldn't work out that'll have to dry out, I'm pretty happy with it so far. Definitely the smoothest protectors I've put on and makes me realize the SGP on my Nexus is well.... there. You can definitely tell there is a screen protector on with Just Like Glass, but I bought it for the hope of it being smooth and it is.
I'll have a detailed review after a few days of use.
Guru, if you want more feedback or anything let me know.
Last edited by dezymond; 11-03-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Good review. I like to read constructive reviews like this.
As far as the packaging goes I do have plans on putting it into something more high end but I have to buy them in lots of 10,000 pieces. We we not big enough yet to justify it. We do make sure than they all are shipped in a box so the protectors don't get damaged.
The construction paper is there to make sure that nothing dents or affects the screen protector. We do include a spray bottle so we try to make sure everything arrives in perfect condition.
As far as the hard card, we don't include one because ZAGG has a patent on it. I am currently working on something that will be superior to what ZAGG uses but in the meantime you get the same result by using a credit card wrapped in the high end cloth we include.
The protector shouldn't be horizontal to the packaging at all. I've never heard of that happening before.
All of our protectors are made in the USA and packaged by hand. So sometimes someone messes up and if it damages the protector I always replace them free.
Keep pressing the sides down for 5-7 days. I've installed alot of these and they should adhere unless you have a curved screen.
As for my protector being horizontal, mine was. Don't know how that happened, but hopefully you'll address that in your new style of packaging, maybe a smaller plastic bag will do. It was bent a bit, but it went onto the Nexus 7 fine other than this one edge that is being stubborn due to the protector itself being horizontal in the packaging is my guess. If it refuses to stay down I may contact you for a replacement.
Had no idea Zagg had a patent on hardcards, I have an SGP one so I ended up using that.
So far I am happy with the product. It's got a few marks under the screen since it's still wet, but I'll post a more constructive review hopefully by tomorrow night when it should be all dried up. Just wanted to give my initial impressions of your product for yours and others review. This is the first "small name" company I've gone with and for the most part, so far so good.
The packaging is weird because people complain we pack them too tight.
As far as packaging we can send them out this way without a problem but I've wanted packaging since I first starting selling them. I package all of our cases in high quality packaging. However since we are a new company and working with a tight budget it's not feasible. Hopefully in the near future I'll be able to professionally package all of them with our own method of getting the water and bubbles out.
ZAGG does have the patent and I'm an attorney so I want to avoid needless litigation of licensing fees. There is a giant thread on XDA called DBA "Just Like GlassŪ" Screen Protector - ZAGG Killer?.
I know ZAGG is aware of the thread and we have some very suspicious posts and on the Galaxy S3 Amazon product page some very strange one star reviews (16 5 star, two one star). Right now we are ants compared to ZAGG who ships 50,000 protectors a day. However I know small company's that have been absorbed by them and don't want to give them leverage by violating a patent. I have an excellent idea for something far better than the hard card and I'm pricing it out right now. If we order these then we'll order packaging at the same time.
Let me know how the installation goes and if there are any problems I'll have a new one sent out.
Sounds good Scott.
I for one can already tell you this is much better than the zagg invisibleshield. I'll give this stubborn corner a few days and see how it goes, I but you definitely have yourself a great product here.
And as I said detailed review to come hopefully by tomorrow.
First of all, I'd like to thank DBA cases/SSH Guru for putting this product out.
Now let's get on to my review...
1. High quality screen protector, no doubt about it. If you've seen those Verizon ones or any of those other screen protectors that come in packs of 3 for $9.99, you know what I'm talking about. This stuff doesn't feel cheap at all and feels extremely durable.
2. Easy to install. Make sure to be generous with the spray on the film, makes for a much easier install.
3. Definitely smooth and doesn't "catch" as easy as other screen protectors that I've used (more details in a bit)
4. No sacrifice in screen quality or clarity, still enjoying my beautiful Nexus 7 display knowing it's well protected.
5. Minimal fingerprints
6. Pretty much a perfect size cut.
1. Like any other quality screen protector that claims to repel oils and all that good stuff, it doesn't. However, it does seem to pick up less than some I've used.
2. It might just be me, but their claim to be "smoother than glass" just isn't right to me. My hands get warm and are not exactly dry alot of times and my finger still manages to get "caught" when navigating. Without the screen protector it was a bit harder to navigate, but like any other screen protector, it's just that much more difficult when your fingers are moist. I admit it doesn't catch as easy, but the fact is it does, and I wasn't expecting it catch as easily considering they claim it's 20% smoother than glass. And yes it does still feel like a screen protector.
3. Wiping off fingerprints, oils, and all that other good stuff we hate on our screens seem to be harder to wipe off than the SGP on my Galaxy Nexus. So it may not pick up all that good stuff as easily, but once it's on there it's stubborn.
4. What you get for the price. To be honest, competing protectors in this price range come with at least 2 screen protectors, at least from what I looked at. I knew it was only one provided, but I think another one could really work to the company's advantage, just my .02 on that. It's hard to justify spending this amount of money on one screen protector, but I wanted to give DBA a shot.
5. Packaging. The screen protector is basically protected by the thin plastic wrapping and a piece of construction paper. During transit I guess, somehow my screen protector ended up horizontal to the packaging and a corner was bent. This might just only be my case, but as a first time customer to a startup company, not too impressed with the packaging for a product at this price point. Also led to a "stubborn" corner that doesn't want to stay down for me...
6. Also no squeegee type of card or anything (I know they're working on it), but the construction paper packaged with it is pretty ineffective if you really want to get the cleaner and bubbles out during installation. Luckily I still had a squeegee from one of my other protectors.
I use my Nexus 7 for hours on end throughout the day so I got alot of hands on time with the screen protector. Super smooth for a screen protector, but you definitely know it's there. I may be a little harsh, but it doesn't feel "Just Like Glass". This is arguably the best screen protector I've used and I've been through all those "big name" companies, and this is definitely in my top 2. If anything it may have snuck into my #1 just because of how much smoother it is compared to my other favorite. As I mentioned the true disadvantage to this line is that it only comes with one screen protector. And even at the discounted price it goes for now, the original price still had its competitors giving at least 2 protectors.
So overall, this is definitely a quality screen protector. Like any other screen protector it has the same flaws, but it does one of the most important things better than most, smoothness. We all want that protection for our phones, but refuse to resort to screen protectors because of that plastic feel, but if this is the direction that this industry is moving then I like it. If I had to recommend a screen protector to someone then Just Like Glass would definitely be one, but I will warn them about the price. This may change as for now DBA is a small startup company, but I can see the price being a dealbreaker for many. And we can only believe in the words of others so much (for example many other reviews I read claimed "it really does feel like glass", which I highly disagree with).
Hope this review helps for those who are on the fence about this product.
Last edited by dezymond; 11-04-2012 at 03:23 PM.