DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Low-profile Galaxy Nexus Case?

1. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid

Low-profile Galaxy Nexus Case?

I just picked up a Galaxy Nexus a couple days ago. It came with a black rubber case that I don't particularly care for and would like to find a new one. It's fairly bulky and has too much grip for my pocket (it catches on my pocket putting it in and taking it out, which I'm afraid will lead to dropping it). I'd like something harder and as low-profile as possible, the phone is already big enough lol. Any feedback would be appreciated

ETA: I'm not looking for something all that colorful either. White/black would be my preference
  2. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    The Best Buy near me carries Rocketfish cases - they're kind of a matte black finish... they're hard, but with kind of a smooth/rubbery feel. Hard to explain... kind of like Incase cases for the iPhone. Anyway, they're simple, and about as low profile as you can get. I don't know how much shock resistance they provide as they're pretty basic, but it sounds like it could meet what you're looking for.
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  3. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    42 times
    Phone
    motorola droid
    Quote Originally Posted by jntdroid View Post
    The Best Buy near me carries Rocketfish cases - they're kind of a matte black finish... they're hard, but with kind of a smooth/rubbery feel. Hard to explain... kind of like Incase cases for the iPhone. Anyway, they're simple, and about as low profile as you can get. I don't know how much shock resistance they provide as they're pretty basic, but it sounds like it could meet what you're looking for.
    thanks man. I checked their site but didn't see rocketfish, I gotta take my bike to the shop tomorrow and will check best buy at the same time

I was also checking this out on ebay: White Phone Cover Hard Faceplate Bumper Case For Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE I515 | eBay

looks pretty low profile, but I'm leery on the no-name brands having quality control
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
  5. Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    362 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S5
    Premium Member
    Diztronic Matte Back Black Flexible *Revision 3* TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Nexus

I'm typically not a big fan of TPU cases, but this one is great. It works with both the standard and the OEM extended battery.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    What bsweetness said. Diztronic is wonderful.
  7. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member
    I have this case: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS BLACK TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics

Very cheap, but it feels very nice. Provides some nice grip for a slippery phone and it doesn't add much bulk either. Normally I hate cases, but I've kept this case on for a good week without really noticing.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    Phone
    Verizon S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post
    I have this case: Amazon.com: SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS BLACK TPU GEL SKIN CASE, IN QUBITS RETAIL PACKAGING: Electronics

Very cheap, but it feels very nice. Provides some nice grip for a slippery phone and it doesn't add much bulk either. Normally I hate cases, but I've kept this case on for a good week without really noticing.
    I love those cases... it's no Otterbox, but I just want scratch protection, and as you said - looks/feels nice.

Curious, did that one have to be shipped from China? A lot of those TPU cases do. Also, I take it it fits the CDMA phone fine, but what about with the extended battery?
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Guidelines of Conduct
    The only dumb question is the one not asked.
  9. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    1000 times
    Twitter
    wicked_E46
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dezymond View Post

I love those cases... it's no Otterbox, but I just want scratch protection, and as you said - looks/feels nice.

Curious, did that one have to be shipped from China? A lot of those TPU cases do. Also, I take it it fits the CDMA phone fine, but what about with the extended battery?
    I also have this case and love it! I'm using the extended battery with the cover off.

10. RS Lead
    Member #
    Liked
    1045 times
    Phone
    Galaxy s4
    Premium Member

No idea where it shipped from, I'm pretty sure it wasn't china though as it came in a regular Amazon box, so guessing it's made here in the US.

As for the extended battery I'm not sure, don't got one. Fit nicely around my Nexus. I got it as something to throw on when I go out and play ball or something like that, but I've grown to like it on my phone all the time now.

edit: Looks like wicked answered your question
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links