DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone have one of the Seidio cases?

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid

Anyone have one of the Seidio cases?

I'm going from my OG Droid to the Nexus and need a case. I saw these on the Seidio site but they are not showing up under the Verizon section which as me worried abotu whether or not they will fit the LTE version with the extended battery.

Anyone have one of these?

Active:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-lte-active-case-black-p/csk3ssgnlk-bk.htm

Surface:
    http://www.seidioonline.com/samsung-galaxy-nexus-lte-surface-case-black-p/csr3ssgnl-bk.htm

3. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Moto Droid>Galaxy Nexus
    Waiting on a review of the seidio cases as well.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    SGN
    I have used the surface on my OG Droid. I ordered the Surface combo and should be here in a day or two. I don't have an extended battery though. I use two standard batteries.
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here
    I just ordered the Seido Surface combo and a Skinomi screen protector.

I have never seen this case for the GNex, but have had good luck with Seido cases before so I am trying it out. Has to be better than the high dollar garbage at the VZW stores.

The Skinomi I am taking a flyer on as well, but I want to at least try a screen protector. If the Seido case provides enough of a "lip" to protect the screen I may not even use it. Will advise once I get it. Probably middle of next week.
  6. JKZ
    Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    LG G2
    I ordered the surface case but it won't be here for several days. Once I get it, I'll post some pics of it and see if it fits with the extended battery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid
    I e-mailed Seidio and was told the Surface case does not fit with the extended battery. Perhaps (hopefully) someone can prove otherwise, but that's their word for now.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by kchao1213 View Post
    I e-mailed Seidio and was told the Surface case does not fit with the extended battery. Perhaps (hopefully) someone can prove otherwise, but that's their word for now.
    I just got the same thing. They said that their cases will fit the Verizon LTE version of the phone even though it is slightly thicker, however it won't fit with the extended battery installed.

I think that most of the case manufacturers who are saying their case won't fit the GNex with the extended battery are used to other phones where the change is so dramatic that they don't understand how small the difference is on this phone. However Seidio looks like their cases really follow the lines of the GNex and probably won't fit without taking the battery cover off.

My chat with their tech support:

Please wait for the next available representative…
    Matt: I am looking at buying either the Active or Surface case for my new Galaxy Nexus but I have a couple questions.
    You are next in queue. We will be with you in just a moment.
    Risa: Hello! Thank you for contacting Seidio Online! How can I help you today?
    Risa: Sure! How can I help you?
    Matt: 1) There are two versions of the Galaxy Nexus, GSM, and the LTE version on Verizon. IThe LTE version on Verizon is supposed to be a little bit thicker. Do these cases still fit it?
    Risa: Yes, our cases fit all versions of the Galaxy Nexus that are currently available, including the Verizon version.
    Matt: 2) I have the extended battery installed and it looks pretty much identical to the profile with the regular battery installed. Do these cases fit over the extended battery?
    Risa: No, unfortunately not.
    Matt: ok. So they will fit the Verizon version, but not with the extended batery. Thanks for your help.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    10 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The extended battery will fit inside the Seidio surface case if you take off the battery cover. It will *almost* fit if you put the standard battery cover on over the extended battery (this works, but it is a very tight fit). Given that the case has a felt-like lining inside it it has been speculated that if you were to scrape that off (the older seidio cases didn't have it anyway) you could probably fit the phone into the case with the extended battery and the standard battery cover. That is what I plan to do as I don't like the idea of going without a battery cover if only because I don't want pocket lint to get in under the case and into the phone's internals.

For more info here is a video review of the case with a discussion of this very issue in the comments.

10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakharn View Post
    For more info here is a video review of the case with a discussion of this very issue in the comments.
    Thanks! That video is perfect. I'm with you on leaving the battery cover off, not sure if that's something I want to do.

In the comments they are discussing using the standard battery cover with the extended battery in the device and that the case works in that configuration. Anyone on here done that?
    Last edited by qwopzxnm; 12-21-2011 at 12:05 PM.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    The Silicon case from VZW works with both the Standard and Extended batteries. My GF bought it for me, I facepalmed (inside my head) because it wasn't a seidio or another name brand..but it is actually REALLY good! I love it, it looks great, the grip is excellent (not slippery), and I will be sticking with it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Links