With Apple’s iPhone 5 event yesterday and with the Kindle Fire HD being sent out to eagerly awaiting customers today, it was time to release a quick update for DVD Catalyst 4 to include support for these devices.
DVD Catalyst 4 Build 184.108.40.206
*Support for Apple’s iPhone 5, iPod Touch 5 and iPod Nano 7 added.
*Support for Amazon’s Kindle Fire 2, Kindle Fire HD 7” and Kindle Fire HD 8.9” added.
*Support for Motorola’s Razr M, Razr HD and Razr HD Maxx added.
(Note: With the above devices, if you are upgrading from a previous model, the video files you already have will play on the new models, so if you already have a nice Wi-Drive filled with movies for your Kindle Fire, they will play on the Kindle Fire HD as well)
*Support for Nokia’s Lumia 820 and Lumia 920 added.
In addition to the new device profiles, I’ve been working on better support for Chinese and Japanese SRT subtitles.
In order to make these subtitles to appear properly, I added a setting in Global Settings > Language called “UTF subs“, which will, if a proper font is selected, render the subtitles correctly.
To update from a previous DVD Catalyst 4 version, just tap on the cat-eyes in DVD Catalyst 4 to have it check for updates, or use the download link you received upon purchase to download the latest version.
About DVD Catalyst:
Computers were designed to do repetitive tasks, but when it comes to conversion tools, many solutions force you to click through multiple pages before it converts your movie or TV show. DVD Catalyst 4 provides you with an easy to use, 1-click solution, which eliminates all those complicated steps, while still giving you complete access to every aspect of the conversion, but only if you choose to use them.
What started out as a hobby project back in 2003, after losing our jobs, we have continued to improve DVD Catalyst to make it one of the fastest, easiest and most powerful DVD and video conversion tools available. Besides offering the basic functionality that appears to be the standard for similar conversion tools, DVD Catalyst 4 simplifies complicated tasks such as black-border-removal/full-screen video, batch conversions and volume adjustment by automating them. Converting 1 video file or 100 video files, it does not make a difference. Just drag the files onto DVD Catalyst and with 1 click start a conversion.
* DVD Catalyst 4 converts Movie and TV DVDs as well as almost all video file types, including AVI, DIVX, MPEG, M2TS, MKV, YOUTUBE and much more, without the need of additional software.
(Important note: protected video files, such as movies purchased/rented through Apple iTunes and Amazon Instant, or so-called “Digital Copies” you get for free with some DVDs and Blurays (“Digital Copy Included”), can not be converted.)
* DVD Catalyst 4 can convert Bluray movies and TV shows, with the help of programs like AnyDVD HD or MakeMKV.
(please have a look at the DVD Catalyst Bluray Guide for more information)
* DVD Catalyst 4 includes easily selectable profiles for all popular video-capable devices, and new devices are added on a regular basis. Just select your brand and device model, and you are ready to go.
A collection of guides for some of the most popular devices can be found in the Guides section on our website.
* DVD Catalyst 4 automatically adjusts the volume on all your conversions.
Different video sources have a different volume, and the biggest gripe people have with other conversion tools is that when they watch movies on their device, the volume is either too loud or not loud enough. With DVD Catalyst 4, you don’t have to worry about any of that. It uses a technology we call Volume Maximizer (gain), which adjusts the volume for each conversion you do to a certain maximum volume, so you will never have to adjust the volume ever again.
For more details have a look here.
* Free updates for as long as we are on v4. DVD Catalyst 4 gets updated on a regular basis to include support for new devices as well as new features. Many of the new features we add in a minor version (4.0 > 4.1) are enough for our competitors to require an upgrade fee, but we include them for free.
* DVD Catalyst 4 is DRM-Free, so no activation or license keys, so if you purchase a new computer, you don’t have to repurchase DVD Catalyst 4. As long as it is for your own use, you can even install it on more than one computer.
We don’t believe in DRM. DRM is used to prevent people from pirating software and videos, however, regardless of what method is used, pirates will continue to release cracks, patches or key generators, so in the end, only the people who actually purchase are the ones who are restricted by means of activation systems, forced updates and the likes.
* One App for All. Many competitors offer same-style applications for different devices or slightly different functionality in order to force you to purchase a “Bundle” of multiple apps (DVD converter, MKV converter, M2TS converter etc) for a discounted price. Not only is DVD Catalyst 4 cheaper in price than a single application of such a bundle, it also offers most of the same functionality of such bundles. No need to purchase a DVD to iPad converter AND a Video to iPad converter AND a DVD to Droid converter AND a Video to Droid converter because you happen to have an iPad and a Droid. DVD Catalyst 4 includes support for (almost) all devices capable of video playback AND converts DVDs as well as all common video files, for one purchase.
Regular price $19.95, for a limited time only $9.95
Purchase Now and save over 50%