I hope you guys can be patient and help me out. My idiot son tried to root his phone after I *told* him not to, because I knew he'd screw it up. As usual he didn't listen to his mama and now phone isn't working. I know if he tries to fix it he'll just make it worse, so I'm going to try to see what I can do myself. I'm not a complete moron and can follow directions well, but honestly I know nothing about these phones except using them. I don't know all the abbreviations and lingo, so I need someone to maybe not walk me through this like I'm 5, but maybe like I'm 12. I will bring you up to speed at what I've done so far:
Have no idea how he attempted to root phone, but I was told that after rooting it worked but then after a short while the touch screen stopped working.
So far I have:
1. removed battery and rebooted - nothing, so removed battery/reinstalled again.
2. Held down power button & vol. down until I saw 'fastboot'; Vol down until I got to Android Recovery; Vol up to select
3.Get to triangle screen; press vol up and down at same time to bring up menu
4. Chose 'wipe data/factory reset' and pressed power to select. Scrolled to yes and selected with power button.
5. See wiping data - Formatting /data; Formatting /cache. See "Data wipe complete".
6. After complete chose "reboot system now" from menu and select with power button
7. Cross fingers and make blood sacrifice to the Droid gods
8. After reboot....touch screen still doesn't work. It gets to the setup screen, you can see incoming calls, etc....but you can't actually answer them because you can't press any 'buttons'.
Is there hope or do we have a paperweight?
Thank you very much for any help you can give.