DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android Market Password

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4

Android Market Password

I received an update notification last night for some apps. No biggie I thought, selected the notification and received a password request. My intial thought was that I had gotten hacked. Spent quite a while trying to key in any password I have ever used to no avail.

Logged on to Gmail and You Tube on my desktop, changed both passwords and still couldn't get in.

This morning I got a notification on the phone to enter my you tube password (I changed it last night). New password took ok. Great I thought, now I should be able to log onto the market. It seemed to take the password, but then I have to try (and I do mean try) to enter the cryptic captcha message (10 times or more). No go.

I tried to wipe the application data, no go.

Finally backed the Market updates down to the original version (that I'd never seen on my DX2) and was able to log in with no problem. That's about 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Have no idea what the heck happened there.

3. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    It just happened again. I don't know what *is going on!
    Last edited by CJM; 09-23-2011 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Language
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    The X2 has a app called accounts. You need to make sure you've updated ALL of the Google related accounts to your new password.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    samsung galaxy

Smile what I did

The same thing happened with my phone.

I don't claim to be a techy, but this is what worked for me. I simply went under the "settings" tab under my main screen, choose "accounts & sync" (my youtube account wasn't synced) so I deleted my youtube email and went out. Then I went into the Market and it didn't ask me for my youtube password and it allowed me to go into the Market with no problems. - took 2 minutes and I didn't have to back my Market updates down at all.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT View Post
    I received an update notification last night for some apps. No biggie I thought, selected the notification and received a password request. My intial thought was that I had gotten hacked. Spent quite a while trying to key in any password I have ever used to no avail.

Logged on to Gmail and You Tube on my desktop, changed both passwords and still couldn't get in.

This morning I got a notification on the phone to enter my you tube password (I changed it last night). New password took ok. Great I thought, now I should be able to log onto the market. It seemed to take the password, but then I have to try (and I do mean try) to enter the cryptic captcha message (10 times or more). No go.

I tried to wipe the application data, no go.

Finally backed the Market updates down to the original version (that I'd never seen on my DX2) and was able to log in with no problem. That's about 90 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Have no idea what the heck happened there.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    That's the thing, I didn't change the password until after this message came up in the market (only because I wasn't sure what it was). I didn't have a warm fuzzy about linking my google and you tube accounts when I did that (months ago). If (when) this happens again, I will probably go ahead and remove the you tube/google linked account. Thanks both of you for replying back!
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I got a notification that there were updates in the market. When I try to open the Market, it wants me to sign in under name@youtube.com

[edit]

I tried the password I use for youtube, and it didn't work.

I was just coming on to ask about it and found this thread. I removed the youtube/google account and it worked fine. I still say WTF?
    Last edited by Vulcan1600; 09-28-2011 at 06:31 AM.
  8. Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    245 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S3
    Premium Member
    Please watch the language and ways around the filter.

I'm curious how you resolve your p/w issue.
    Thank you to all who have served or are serving our great country. You're always in my thoughts and prayers.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. - Ronald Reagan
    --------

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I went to Settings, Accounts. Inside was a list. 3 of them were my gmail account, marked as Google, my youtube account marked as youtube and my youtube username@youtube.com marked as google. I clicked remove account for that one.

I didn't use symbols or trickery to get around the filters. I used a common internet expression. Which can also mean Whats That For. If thats why you [editted] my post, then you may as well [edit] the other one too.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan1600 View Post
    Please watch the language and ways around the filter.
    I find myself quite annoyed by this statement. Perhaps you can perovide a link to forum rules where it is stated what is and what is not permitted. I do not understand why this forum should have rules that are more severe than what the FCC demands of over the air transmissions.
  11. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Honestly, the FCC has to balance freedom of speech with what they have decided is indecent. This forum is private "property" and the owner can put whatever restrictions he wants with regards to participation.

I do think that w t f is hardly cause for concern with filtering though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links