DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Droid x2 starting to have issues

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2

Droid x2 starting to have issues

So i've had this phone for 2 months now......never really had issues until i got Gingerbread...

now i have 2 major issues:

1. phone says the SD card is broken and switches to internal memory...but i'll take the card out, put it in my computer (via adapter and SD slot) and it works fine. I'll put it BACK in the phone and it works again. I've had to reformat it twice so far...when it wouldn't work going back in the phone. I have another 8 gig card on the way, a 2 gig, and a 4 gig...i'm going to try the rest...but i KNOW the cards not bad and it's somethign the phone is doing.

2. this is very recent, but when i unlock my phone and the screen turns on....it's blank and takes a few seconds for my apps to show up. This NEVER happened before the recent OTA update....
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    I would try a factory reset and also try a app called fast reboot. My x2 works great. Good luck.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Samsung Epic 4G Touch (Gal S2)
    I've had the SD issues even with Froyo, on the X2. It's a linux mapping issue, that they really need to fix. I've seen fixes, but only for rooted phones.

The delay you mention seems to be a definite GB issue that, like every other GB issue, isn't being fixed because everyone it's is focussing on Honeycomb and Icecream Sandwich. There are posts all over about the failures of GB, and the failures in even looking into the problems. No fixes coming any time soon... if at all.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    well now the phone is starting to have random resets....i've never had that issue before... it all started after doing a factory reset after installing GB.....now i have the lag for the buttons showing up AND resets.... also, the camera tends to lag more...

it's just going downhill....
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid 3
    I noticed that when I updated my Droid X os I seemed to have more random reboots. My husband stayed on the old os and no issues. I just got my Droid X2 and haven't updated my os (still on Froyo 2.2.2) and so far so good!! I think GB is causing issues with the phone...
    The only issue I'm having so far with my Droid X2 is that the battery indicator doesn't progress during charging. The battery charges and when I unplug it it shows a full battery. Any advice on how to fix this? It's not a huge issue as long as I can charge my phone and everything else works!!
    Jenntas

Links