DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the music skip

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

Stop the music skip

Dude, wtf? Im tired of this I thought it went away im on gingerbread with a couple build prop edits and v6 groupings fix and debloated with ****ing almost 200mb free at all times and my music still skips! You guys stop it right now

DX2T

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Razr M
    Quote Originally Posted by xgrinder911 View Post
    Dude, wtf? Im tired of this I thought it went away im on gingerbread with a couple build prop edits and v6 groupings fix and debloated with ****ing almost 200mb free at all times and my music still skips! You guys stop it right now

DX2T
    https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../442632#442632

They are aware of the problem and working on it.
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Thanks man

DX2T
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DX2
    Mine will straight up freeze and will have to reboot to fix. It is random and can't pinpoint when it will happen. I was rooted before and when I got the update, I was half awake and clicked a button that happened to be install now.

It was working better when it was still froyo and rooted.
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droidx2

Talking I am so feaking happyˇ!!!!!ˇ!!

So I have been struggling hardcore with this damns skipping issue since day one with this phone. I saw a few people saying they fixed with poweramp so I tried but didn't work for me.

So when I saw p3droids preroot get dropped I decided it was time to take this into my own hands. I have gone all out trying just about anything I could think of. V6supercharger helped but only little . I kept thinking it might have been a RAM shortage or something but no matter how high I got RAM it still popped ALOT.so I got setcpu and would not allow the processer to go below 1ghz and still no fix. Started getting frustrated then saw the ECLIPSE(((thanks to nitro at xda))) rom for ginger. Decided was worth a shot since I had already got a new class6 8gig sd and that also didn't do much. So I wiped and flashed eclipse. After messing around and setting EVERYTHING I wanted up but music including new launcher and games and apps and freezing things, I tried to play a song but could not play ANY songs using the stock music app unless my music was on internal storage somewhere.

So back to poweramp I went where I can choose what exact folders it looks for music in and PRESTO. Had NO skips when playing with poweramp reading the music folder on ext-sd only. I lie I had a couple but inly when I REALLY tested it by doing as much as I could as fast as I could. Then went through poweramp settings and upped the buffer to huge and haven't had a skip since that I could hear. And I am using earbuds in the headphones jack playing pretty loud so I wouldn't miss it if it did. And I am sending this from my phone typing fast as hell which USED to make it skip also. Not anymore though.

I know this got really long but I wanted to be thorough as I could right now in case someone wanted to follow. I am just so excited to FINALLY hear my music on this x2 and not get mad cuz it stops pops and drops it.

Also want to thank MIKE for all his help in my adventures.
    I will definitely be buying pro version poweramp when trial is up as long as this doesn't all of sudden decide to stop being great. I will also answer any questions about my setup if you have any.
  7. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x2
    How did you flash it. Does the original bootstrap app for dx2 on froyo work with gb? Aldo anything negative yet.and how is battery life? After my db update my battery went inti the toilet. I lost about 4-6 hours of battery depending on what I am doing compared to froyo.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droidx2
    Quote Originally Posted by densetsu86 View Post
    How did you flash it. Does the original bootstrap app for dx2 on froyo work with gb? Aldo anything negative yet.and how is battery life? After my db update my battery went inti the toilet. I lost about 4-6 hours of battery depending on what I am doing compared to froyo.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
    I did not do the OTA update. I was in froyo and you root froyo. Then use clockworkmod recovery to flash p3droids prerooted gingerbread . After that I used the same method to flash the eclipse rom from nitroglycerin over at xda forum.

It is hard for me to gauge my battery since I use my phone constantly for EVERYTHING. Although today I did battery calibration when I woke at 7am and my battery lasted until around 1030pm with varied use all day. I am also getting better battery by underclocking with the setcpu app. Only "problem" since eclipse flash besides the mauoc player is accounts app is force closing but I do have the accounts set up. Not sure how but it did set it up before force closing. And u believe that issue is being address in next update by nitro.
    anything else specific you mean by negative you want to know? I can't really say much negative except for an error I made when freezing/deleting so I had to sbf to froyo and start over which was really pretty simple to do.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    garrettbridges
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    Never had this problem until the last week, it just suddenly cropped up. Any music-playing app behaves super erratically, and the music skips and chops and stutters like mad.

Playing music from radio apps (Slacker, LastFM, TuneIn) is pretty bad also, and eventually it just shuts itself off and won't reopen. So that's fun.
  10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droidx2
    Quote Originally Posted by greycobalt View Post
    Never had this problem until the last week, it just suddenly cropped up. Any music-playing app behaves super erratically, and the music skips and chops and stutters like mad.

Playing music from radio apps (Slacker, LastFM, TuneIn) is pretty bad also, and eventually it just shuts itself off and won't reopen. So that's fun.
    And you haven't changed anything about your phone. No roms or system changes.

Did you try clearing your system cache?
  11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    garrettbridges
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    No ROMs, no flashing of anything, no system tweaking. It is stock GB. I was in Froyo, I wiped cache/data/SD, I updated to GB, I wiped cache/data/SD, and here I am.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links