im useing windows7 64 bit professional and it is not picking up my phone. is there a usb mode or something on the phone?
Okay, I had some trouble as well with one of my six X2s that I've gone through. I was able to get the usb to recognize by doing the follow:
1) Download and install the drivers:
(Note: this .rar also contains rsd lite, which is unnecessary)
2) Enable usb debugging on phone.
(Settings > Applications > Development)
3) Plug usb cord into computer first.
4) Turn off phone.
5) Plug usb into phone (now connected to both computer and phone)
6) Boot phone (wait for it to fully boot and load components)
7) When phone boots, it should recognize usb. Pull down notifications and switch to PC mode.
8) Allow your computer to recognize the device and install additional drivers.
9) After installation, a notification box on your computer will pop up displaying what has been installed and what is ready for use. (If some fail, no worries, it happened to me as well)
10) You can now pull down your notifications and change usb to whichever mode you desire.
If this doesn't work, I recommend trying other usb ports on your PC. If it still fails, try SBFing your phone as it may be faulty software. If it still continues to fail, it is a hardware failure of the phones usb port. Contact Verizon technical support and they should send you out a replacement.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk