[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA]
Alright... the beta has dropped a couple of hours ago...
*note: all credit goes to dragonzkiller and who he thanks.. i'm just sharing the cm goodness*
dragonzkiller proudly presents:
CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 BETA
Album Here: CM7DX2 - Imgur
Thanks to mastafunk for getting some of the hijack and 2nd-init issues worked out. Hashcode who has been a HUGE help getting the init binary users and telephony working. And definitely a huge thanks to MoonShadow-NM for being my guinea pig and helping me work out the kinks. Also a big thanks to ej1911 for pointing out the sdcard fix I missed!
Features include (but not limited to):
THE FIRST MOTOROLA DROID X2 ROM WITH ABSOLUTELY NO BLUR AT ALL! FULLY AOSP BASED
Super fast! Like BLAZING fast!
Full Theme Support For Every Aspect of Your Phone
Incognito Browser Mode
DSP Equalizer - Custom EQ settings for headset, bluetooth, and phone speaker
Fully Customizable Pull Down Toggles (This includes a camera LED flashlight!)
Swipe Away Notifications
Removable sdcard is named sdcard (for compatibility)
Internal memory sdcard is named emmc
And MANY MANY MORE!
How to install CM7 (Cyanogenmod) for the Motorola Droid X2.
Please note that with all ROMs, you have the possibility of bricking your phone. Use caution and ask questions! I, dragonzkiller, am NOT responsible for what you choose to do with or to your phone!
YOU MUST BE ON Gingerbread 2.3.4!!! This is the only version I will support! I have implemented a method to check for what version in the install, so you'll know. If you have ever upgraded to 2.3.5, you must SBF back to 2.3.4 as this check checks the kernel. This is the first BETA release, so that means most of the issues have been fixed, however there may still be problems! Please let me know what problems or issues you run into so I can address/fix them.
Now, onto the good stuff! It MUST be done in this order!
1. NANDROID BACKUP!
2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a SBF ("factory restore") of your Motorola Droid X2
3. Root your Motorola Droid X2. See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Root your Motorola Droid X2 - UPDATED [14DEC2011]
4. Install the Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). See MoonShadow-NM's guide: HowTo: Perform a bootstrap (or nandroid) backup and recovery of your Droid X2
5. Put both the Google Apps zip, the CM7 zip, and dragonzkiller's patched BSR apk on your EXTERNAL sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery. (You should know how to do this... See item number 4 above as a reference.)
7. Install the CM7 zip.
8. THEN the Google Apps Zip.
9. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
10. Boot your phone into CM7. (You will probably have to activate if you didn't after you SBF'd and setup your Google account here.)
11. Install the patched Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery (BSR). (This can be found in the download section of this post. Once you have CM7DX2 installed, you MUST install this BSR!)
12. Go into the Superuser app and update the su binary.
13. Go into the Android Market and update the apps on the phone. Keep in mind that once you update the Superuser app, you cannot update the su binary. (Looking into this, however, it might be a Superuser issue and not a CM7 issue.)
14. Sit back and enjoy CM7 on your DX2!
15. Never user RomManager! (Yes it's included, but that's a CM7 thing and won't work with the DX2.)
16. NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL! The hijack requires files in there that are installed with the BSR. I don't know why any non-dev would be messing with those files anyway.
NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the Google Apps Zip is flashed you didn't follow these steps. But you DON'T have to SBF! Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN SBF and follow the directions above EXACTLY.
Using the Patched Bootstrap Recovery With CM7DX2
In order to get into recovery with CM7DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section of this post! There was a problem with the "hijack" name. It is conflicting with the CM7 hijack. NEVER install the original BSR while in CM7DX2! This is a guaranteed way to boot loop your phone! It might not boot loop the first couple of reboots, but it will... Eventually!
init now longer hogs 100% of a core
DSP Manager WORKS!
Torch (flashlight) WORKS!
Google Voice WORKS!
Dock Settings Re-Added
Battery Fix (battery files from 2.3.3)
Both SD Cards work
SuperUser has an issue if it's updated in the market from 3.0.4 to 3.0.7. It won't download the new version of the su binary, however, you can update the su binary in 3.0.4.
Due to the battery daemons changing, you may get a ? in the battery icon. Just reboot again and it should go back to normal.
Currently Disabled Features (Because we don't support them)
HDMI - There is no native code for HDMI in CM7, so this probably won't be fixed.
FM Radio - For now. Might be a fix later.
This post will be updated as time goes on.
Put these on your EXTERNAL sd card.
Patched BSR APK for ALL versions of CM7DX2
Google Apps (market, maps, YouTube, etc.) MD5 Sum: e4313eb28b65758bff0cf63bc1a404f5
REFLASH THE GAPPS AFTER UPGRADING IN CASE OF FACTORY RESTORE
Cyanogenmod 7 for the Motorola Droid X2 - BETA MD5 Sum: 789f25244e475901048e0d0e5908b5a4
Donations are appreciated, but not required. Buy me a sandwich or gas money to visit my family by clicking the donate link by my name. http://media.xda-developers.com/imag...lies/smile.gif
Bugs may be reported in this thread. It also would be a good idea to try to catch me in IRC at irc.freenode.net in the #cm7dx2 channel. You can also use the web IRC interface at http://webchat.freenode.net and join the #cm7dx2 channel. (Note that this is no longer #x2-aosp).
Cyanogenmod 7 beta released!
Bluetooth is FIXED!
DSP Manager is FIXED!
Google Voice works!
Cyanogenmod 7 working on the Motorola Droid X2! - First public release
Issues with several items:
DSP Manager force closes when setting more than one EQ setting
Google Voice force closes
No FM Radio
post script: the op for this can be found here;
[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA][UPDATED 1/16/12] - xda-developers
[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [BETA]
Way to go . Thanks a lot . I cant imagine X2 still moving. Great job dragonzkiller . Keep it up. DancingNexus