alright.. this has finally been released in alpha stage for all you people with an x2...
credit goes to dragonzkiller and the people he thanks for this... i just brought it over here to share...
updated with the bsr fix
dragonzkiller proudly presents:
CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 ALPHA
Album Here: CM7DX2 - Imgur
Thanks to mastafunk for getting some of the hijack and 2nd-init issues worked out. Hashcode who has been a HUGE help getting the init binary users and telephony working. And definitely a huge thanks to MoonShadow-NM for being my guinea pig and helping me work out the kinks.
Features include (but not limited to):
NO BLUR AT ALL! FULLY AOSP BASED
Full Theme Support For Every Aspect of Your Phone
Incognito Browser Mode
Fully Customized Pull Down Toggles
Swipe Away Notifications
And MANY MANY MORE!
How to install CM7 (Cyanogenmod) for the Motorola Droid X2.
Please note that with all ROMs, you have the posibility of bricking your phone. Use caution and ask questions! I, dragonzkiller, and NOT responsible for what you choose to do with your phone!
YOU MUST BE ON Gingerbread 2.3.4!!! This is the only version I will support! Also, remember, this is an ALPHA build. That means there WILL BE PROBLEMS! Please let me know what problems you run into so I can address them.
Now, onto the good stuff! It MUST be done in this order!
1. NANDROID BACKUP!
2. SBF to 2.3.4 unless you are already there. There are several guides out there that will walk you through how to do this if you don't know how.
3. Root with zergRUSH. Again, several good guides out there.
4. Install the ORIGINAL Motorola Droid X2 Bootstrap Recovery. (not the patched one for CM7)
5. Put both zips on your sdcard.
6. Boot into BootStrap Recovery.
7. Install the CM7 zip.
8. Install the Hijack patch zip.
9. THEN the Google Apps Zip.
10. IMPORTANT! Wipe data and cache (factory reset) and wipe dalvik cache!
11. Sit back and enjoy CM7 on your DX2!
12. Never user RomManager (yes it's included, but that's a CM7 thing)
13. NEVER DELETE ANYTHING FROM PREINSTALL! The hijack requires files in there that are installed with the BSR. I don't know why any non-dev would be messing with those files anyway.
NOTE: If you get a hang on the M after the Google Apps Zip is flashed you didn't follow these steps. But you DON'T have to SBF! Try getting into stock recovery by having the phone off, pressing the Vol Down and Power Buttons until the "Fastboot" appears on your screen, scroll DOWN until you see the "Android Recovery" and press Vol Up. You will then see an android with an exclamation point. Press BOTH volume buttons and scroll down to "Wipe Data." Press the power button to select it and scroll down to "Yes" and select that. Then reboot and WAIT! The initial boot takes the longest. If this still doesn't work, THEN sbf and follow the directions above EXACTLY.
Using Recovery With CM7 and Patching the Alpha
In order to get into recovery with CM7DX2 you ABSOLUTELY MUST download the patched BSR APK located in the download section AND the patch to CM7DX2! There was a problem with binary naming conflicts which I have patched and tested. Do not install the original EVER while in CWM7.
If you are already running CM7DX2-Alpha1
1. Install the PATCHED BSR APK in the download section while in Android. If it asks you to reinstall make sure you do.
2. Plug in your phone to a wall outlet and boot into BSR as usual.
3. BEFORE REBOOTING Flash the hijack patch for CM7DX2 Alpha.
4. Reboot and enjoy your fixed CM7DX2 Alpha 1.
Bluetooth Doesn't Work
Google Voice Crashes After Account Setup
No external sd card yet
SuperUser has an issues with strings causing it not to find the download for new versions of su
Currently Disabled Features (Because we don't support them)
I WILL REPEAT! THIS AN ALPHA!!! I'm not guaranteeing anything right now, just that I got you CM7
This post will be updated as time goes on.
Patched BSR APK for ALL versions of CM7DX2 (and should work on any ROM): http://www.multiupload.com/E6QDWFXZQ5
Hijack Patch/Fix For CM7DX2-Alpha1: http://www.multiupload.com/KM1E40IQ21
Google Apps (market, maps, YouTube): http://www.multiupload.com/SHA92LQHZ0 MD5 Sum: e4313eb28b65758bff0cf63bc1a404f5
CM7DX2: http://www.multiupload.com/9MVHQAN9CB MD5 Sum: e36d685c602f75844d279ca309903959
post script: the original thread can be found here
[ROM]CyanogenMod 7.2.0-RC0 X2 [ALPHA] - xda-developers