DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: I really need help!

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

I really need help!

I am so tired of trying to download a rom . I've tried to download two different roms (flashing of course) but when it reboots nothing happens there is nothing different about my phone....please tell me what I'm doin wrong....please?

BowDownDroidX2

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Twitter
    Nerdslogic
    Phone
    Android
    What ROM's, how are you trying to flash, are you using bootstrap or something else? Are you sure you are grabbing ROM's, are you following instruction?
    Go to work, send your kids to school, follow fashion, act normal, walk on the pavement, watch t.v., save for your old age, obey the law, don't ask questions, and repeat after me.....I am free.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I found them on rootzwiki and I flashed them using rom manager

BowDownDroidX2
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Cant flash using rom manager you need to iunstall Bootstrap recovery and use it to flash. Make sure it is an X2 rom and your on the right kernel for it. If you use rom manager the only thing on the X2 its good for is fixing permissions.

What is the rom you are trying to flash?
    Last edited by motcher41; 12-20-2011 at 01:04 PM.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Where can I find an x2 rom? I've tried finding livery and eclipse but I can't find them

BowDownDroidX2
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid X2 11/08 - Its Time For A Revolution! - xda-developers is the liberty which is on the 2.3.4 ota kernel and then there is eclipse which is now on the update.
    [ROM] Eclipse v2.0.1 (12/13/11) - xda-developers Eclipse 2.0.2 ( I know it says 2.0.1...op wont take 2 minutes to update the thread)
    If you like Eclipse and want to use it use my easy eclipse 2.0.2 update instructions here for headach free Elcipse
    [REF]How to go from any 2.3.4 stock/custom rom to any 2.3.5 (412) based custom rom - xda-developers follow the instructions exactly for hassle free upgrading

There are also other 2.3.4 roms in the XDA forum as well. Here [REF] Roms, Root, SBF, RSD, Bootstrap, Mods - xda-developers
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Thank you so much but I'm having trouble finding the x2 bootstrap recovery....where can I find it? Ik I sound terrible but this is all new to me I'm used to the iPod and iPhone. This is my first Droid. So thank you for helping me

BowDownDroidX2
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Phone
    Bionic/ Nexus/Note2?lumia920
    Quote Originally Posted by KingChristian View Post
    Thank you so much but I'm having trouble finding the x2 bootstrap recovery....where can I find it? Ik I sound terrible but this is all new to me I'm used to the iPod and iPhone. This is my first Droid. So thank you for helping me

BowDownDroidX2
    The bootstrap system recovery for the X2 is herehttp://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...overy-apk.html just make sure and follow instructions and it should all go well for you.

Running With the Magic Rom................... JBSourcery 4.1,.. JellyBean

Galaxy Nexus..... 4.2.1.. Jelly Bean

Links