DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID X2
    So than how do U get an overclock kernel or one of the 3g booster kernels i've seen in some posts? Never seen a link to them though

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droidx2
    We don't have any custom kernel that does any of that.
    there is however a script you can run with script manager that alters your build.prop to try to Max out 3g speeds.
    some people claim it works and some don't. Its hit or miss but worth a shot.

We DEFINITELY have no overclock abilities tho. Not for the x2.
    if we did, trust me I would know lol.
    with a locked.bootloader we have no way of installing custom kernels. The kernels need to have a specific encrypted signature that gets checked. You run a high risk of bricking your phone if you try to alter the kernel in anyway that isn't sbf or OTA update.

It sucks but that is just how it is for now unless someone can get kexec working or unlock the bootloader ;(

I think the original X may have.something like what u are talking about but none.of those things will work on the x2. They are way to different from each other.
    Last edited by ashclepdia; 11-01-2011 at 12:37 PM.
  3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    OK dumb question... It's says if you are bare bones 2.3.4 not to wipe....? Am I reading this right?

4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droidx2
    I don't think u would NEED to but it definitely wont hurt to wipe. If u want to avoid problems of any kind I would wipe.
    I came from stock rooted and wiped just to be safe.
    If u have in privacy settings to backup to google servers and auto restore set then after u sign in to google after flashing it will start reinstalling your apps.
    Its kinda up to u. U may be fine or u may have to go back and wipe.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Rom is functioning great.. So far all the issues I was experiencing with the previous one are gone. Haven't taken it off the charger yet to see if the battery still wants to lie to me. Whiped the stats during and after the installation. While charged at 100 percent connected to the AC adapter. We'll see how that flows. But - The email app [not gmail original android email] force closes when I try to reply, and wil not let me create a compose message.
    Edit 11/2/2011

As of today I have experienced these bugs
    -Sometimes reboot will reboot the phone without service, or with a roaming triangle.. A simple reboot fixes this issue
    -Bluetooth will work for about 25 - 30 minutes and then tag out, the device loses its pair, I will simply re-pair the bluetooth headset and it will work again.
    -Wifi connects.. Obtains an IP but then disconnects after about 25 minutes of use[This might be due to me connecting to a secure network at a college, there are various routers that I am connecting through it doesn't seem to recognize that they are all under the same network with the same username and password settings.. More of an inconvenience then a serious bug.]
    -Google music - Streaming music works just fine, local files say "Error while trying to play track" on all SD card music files. Will edit post after I try a different music application for local files.
    -Battery is still weird, depletes rapidly and then at 50% if I restart the phone it will go back up to about 75 - 79% and remain accurate for the rest of the day. [Rougly 12 - 15 hours of heavy usage recorded after a battery stat refresh on initial install at 100%]
    Got put into a random bootloop once. Just did two battery pulls and it started up.. Strange.

Mixzing media player certainly plays the local files.. ITs an issue with the default media player on the ROM
    Last edited by izzo540; 11-02-2011 at 03:48 PM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID X2
    I just flashed 1.2 I'm getting a really erratic cell signal. Fluctuates badly. Crappy altogether places I used to get 4 bars I'm only getting 2 or 3. And the battery says 70 once I restart it will say 90 - 99. Also keep getting email notifications but no new emails. Also won't load contact pictures from facebook for Android.

Last edited by Gblake13; 11-02-2011 at 07:15 PM.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Finally got around to flashing the update. Great work!!!!

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    To the developer: I am disappointed that the "Timer" functionality has been removed. The stock OS has a timer option inbuilt in the Alarm clock, but the clock app here doesn't have it or it is very well camouflaged. Also, I am unable to access the "DeskClock Settings" in "Eclipse Parts>Application Settings". It always force closes. Also, I use corporate sync account for email. I wish I was able to use the same convenient interface as in the stock 2.3.4 Email app for Corporate Sync accounts. I don't like the UI in Eclipse.

I will test further and report any other bugs/gripes I have with this.

I really hope the developer rectifies the DeskClock bug and hopefully add a timer app in a future release!

Keep up the good work!
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I deleted the Battery Stats. Nevertheless, my Battery is draining really, really, really, really fast!

What to do? Someone please help!
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I can't seem to get eclipse 1.2 off my phone. How do I get rid of it?

I can't get Root Explorer to work in Eclipse. It just fc's everytime.
    Last edited by noonstar; 11-05-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Links