DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Good rom. I had one major issue were it wouldn't get signal but I think that was my screw-up not this roms. I had to reinstall the thing but Ive got it.

Other than that it does everything you'd expect an advanced hack version of android to do. It nice and fast. Now yeah with the market, as mentioned above I don't know what the deal it. I noticed I couldn't find the best version of the lightsaber app and it didn't go down far enough in the market.

I also can't figure out how to correctly do a battery calibration. With these bugs it's still better than stock tho dear me stock had a lot of crap on to it. My battery will drop at like 1 a minute and it will get down to 56 and I restarted it and it was at 94. I don't understand.

Oh and one more thing there needs to be a button to access texts on that bottom bar where the internet and phone is

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by Veraster View Post
    Good rom. I had one major issue were it wouldn't get signal but I think that was my screw-up not this roms. I had to reinstall the thing but Ive got it.

Other than that it does everything you'd expect an advanced hack version of android to do. It nice and fast. Now yeah with the market, as mentioned above I don't know what the deal it. I noticed I couldn't find the best version of the lightsaber app and it didn't go down far enough in the market.

I also can't figure out how to correctly do a battery calibration. With these bugs it's still better than stock tho dear me stock had a lot of crap on to it. My battery will drop at like 1 a minute and it will get down to 56 and I restarted it and it was at 94. I don't understand.

Oh and one more thing there needs to be a button to access texts on that bottom bar where the internet and phone is

I am literally on the exact same page minus the shenanigans with your initial install messing with your signal.
  3. Theme Developer
    Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Phone
    droid x2
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Try using launcher pro as apposed to the launcher that comes with the rom.. it has 5 docks on the bottom one of which is texts.. paid version has a ton of extra things u can do.. my personal launcher of choice.. when calibrating the battery r u calibrating when phone is fully charged.. hit calibrate.. then drain it to zero.. recharge to 100 percent then u should be good

4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Alright, so I'm getting into playing with my x2, and my last phone was just a droid, so I would just like to ask a few questions.

From what I understand the kernel is flashed with the rom, not separately like on the droid. That being said, I have only rooted my phone and installed the x2 bootstrapper, so I am running stock 2.3.4 and stock kernel. This means that when I flash this rom, it will replace the rom and the kernel (if needed), correct? Problems people are experiencing with incorrect kernels and such are because they were running different roms/kernels and flashing this combination just didn't match up with what was on there before? If I'm completely off here, please tell me. Trying to learn all of this from a knowledge base that is farther ahead is a bit difficult. If you know of any guides that outline this for people just starting to mess with it, that'd be appreciated too.

After all of that, once I have 1.0 installed, do I just flash the 1.1 patch over it?
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by shimikiah View Post
    After all of that, once I have 1.0 installed, do I just flash the 1.1 patch over it?
    I have the same question. Do you flash the 1.1 just like you flashed the 1.0?

6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID X2
    I flashed eclipse 1.0 and the 1.1 patch. I'm getting force closes on market and my Bluetooth voice dialer (Google voice search). Its also made my phone shut off and restart quite s few times. Anyone else have this problem? And how do I fix it?

7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Newest Eclipse is out! Nitro put it up on Twitter ~1hr ago. Build 1.2RC2

http://www.mediafire...t3ewl8pmhc5j1vj

This build is a game changer, I've been running since drop and it's seriously epic.
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Eclipse is the best rom out for the X2 can't wait for the official release of 1.2

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DROID X2
    Does 1.2 work better than 1.1? I'm getting all kinds of problems and force closes with 1.1

10. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    droidx2
    Quote Originally Posted by shimikiah View Post
    Alright, so I'm getting into playing with my x2, and my last phone was just a droid, so I would just like to ask a few questions.

From what I understand the kernel is flashed with the rom, not separately like on the droid. That being said, I have only rooted my phone and installed the x2 bootstrapper, so I am running stock 2.3.4 and stock kernel. This means that when I flash this rom, it will replace the rom and the kernel (if needed), correct? Problems people are experiencing with incorrect kernels and such are because they were running different roms/kernels and flashing this combination just didn't match up with what was on there before? If I'm completely off here, please tell me. Trying to learn all of this from a knowledge base that is farther ahead is a bit difficult. If you know of any guides that outline this for people just starting to mess with it, that'd be appreciated too.

U r only mostly wrong
    We have no way of changing our kernels. The only way our kernel gets changed is during an sbf or OTA update.
    The talk of needing the.correct kernel is mostly saying that u need yo be running the "real" 2.3.4(sbf or OTA) for the x2.
    There are some ports fr ATRIX that make 2.3.4 show in the Android version in about phone on x2 but it is still running on the 2.3.3 kernel for the x2.
    Flashing a rom does not alter/replace /install a different kernel.
    Basically just make sure u have an official x2 version of 2.3.4 via OTA update or SBF and u will have correct kernel needed.

(Eclipse 8.1 and lower runs on 2.3.3 kernel. Eclipse 1.0 and higher runs on 2.3.4 kernel))
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Links