DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    sorry for being so n00bish, i just dont want to mess up my phone.

before i put Eclipse on it should i wipe all my data, or will it be fine? also, i have GO Launcher EX on it, should i remove this?
  2. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    i got it. eclipse sucessful.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid & Motorola DX2
    Battery Issue

Hey, i could use some HELP!!

i flashed this 2 days ago, without any problems whatsoever. I was on a fresh copy of 2.3.4 SBF (rooted) - that build was working fine, my battery life was very good (for me anyway, like 18 to 20 hrs on average usage) i did have the typical battery usage problems others were reporting, where the battery would mysteriously gain about 10% on reboot, but i could live with that.

I flashed Eclipse, and was LOVING IT!! - However my battery is dropping like a stone. I have since done 2 complete battery calibrations, exactly like the directions call for.
    i have gone into task monitor and killed anything that doesn't need to run - (put on auto kill list), i have frozen any bloat or anything else that is unnecessary.

when i flashed the rom, i did the data/cache wipe 3 times!! - it seems to run GREAT, and i am LOVING it, but i cannot live with the battery drain...

my battery is still dropping like a rock...i am getting 8 hrs doing absolutely nothing, i have it set to nighttime saver, and during 8 hours of sleep, i wake up to a nearly dead battery!!

Eclipse v2.3 (7/25/12)-1318468865164.jpg

I could use some help troubleshooting...Thanks in advance!!
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by billmcg View Post
    Battery Issue

Hey, i could use some HELP!!

i flashed this 2 days ago, without any problems whatsoever. I was on a fresh copy of 2.3.4 SBF (rooted) - that build was working fine, my battery life was very good (for me anyway, like 18 to 20 hrs on average usage) i did have the typical battery usage problems others were reporting, where the battery would mysteriously gain about 10% on reboot, but i could live with that.

I flashed Eclipse, and was LOVING IT!! - However my battery is dropping like a stone. I have since done 2 complete battery calibrations, exactly like the directions call for.
    i have gone into task monitor and killed anything that doesn't need to run - (put on auto kill list), i have frozen any bloat or anything else that is unnecessary.

when i flashed the rom, i did the data/cache wipe 3 times!! - it seems to run GREAT, and i am LOVING it, but i cannot live with the battery drain...

my battery is still dropping like a rock...i am getting 8 hrs doing absolutely nothing, i have it set to nighttime saver, and during 8 hours of sleep, i wake up to a nearly dead battery!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1318468865164.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	41271

I could use some help troubleshooting...Thanks in advance!!
    Recharge the battery to 100% > reboot into recovery > Wipe Battery Stats
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid & Motorola DX2
    Quote Originally Posted by Samer View Post
    Recharge the battery to 100% > reboot into recovery > Wipe Battery Stats
    Don't mean to be argumentative...

but isn't that exactly what a battery calibration does?? wipe the battery stats?
    is there any reason to use this method over a calibration??
    again, i don't know that's why i am asking -

my battery is dropping like 1% a minute

/UPDATE/ - 10-14-2011

Narrowing in on the battery issues, i think Light Flow was the culprit, i am still testing tho

i installed System Panel, wow that a good app, wish i would have used that long ago...that was helpful narrowing down EVERYTHING that is running, CPU, Memory, Battery, Network

sucks cause i really liked Light Flow, and it worked fine on 2.3.4 rooted stock...but for some reason it doesn't play well with Eclipse, and i like Eclipse better that Light Flow so now custom notifications for me anymore...(Blink FC's)
    Last edited by billmcg; 10-14-2011 at 12:05 AM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Hey what happens if I install thing without being rooted first? Because for some reason my phone can't be rooted on 2.3.4 and installing this would be a lot less trouble than returning the phone.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DX2
    I'm digging this rom alot...I swear my battery life has nearly doubled ...its crazy!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Haven't run into any issues yet. Was a surprisingly seamless process. This was the first mod I applied to my out of the box x2 and I gotta say the x2 is excellent. Even on stock 2.3.4 which was released the day after I got the phone. The difference in speed and resolution compared ti the x is incredible. However battery life was poopy and the locked bootloader apparently doesn't approve if underclocking and undervolting. So that meant one thing. Time to root and ROM this piece. So I did

Using the v7 easy root kit. I had no problem rooting. Dropped into recovery with a signed version of the x2 recovery apk and things were looking swell. Did a quick reboot without changing anything thru x2 bootstrap to make sure it didn't hang. And then sure enough it did not. Went back into recovery and erased my data 4 or 5 times. And erases my cache 4 or 5 times. Then I reset mt battery stats. Wiped some dalvik cache and let eclipse do its thing. After install of 1.1 and patch. I decided to data wipe 3 more times. and same with cache. Booted straight into eclipse without the initial hang. And this alleviated the wifi issue people seem to be having. I see about a 2/4 or greater increase in my battery so far. Id say ill get 10 hours of high texting low service use

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 1
    i've noticed a slight problem. there are black sections where there shouldn't be. for example, in GO SMS Pro under my last thread of messages, instead of the theme color, the screen is black. same with other apps as well.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm pretty sure the mod has a problem with the market. The second and so on pages don't load. As in if there are 700 results in a search it stops at the end of the page. No further loading results

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Links