What's the current story w/the X2 and ROM Manager/Clockwork Recovery?
Need a little help - I'm a D2-er but my wife has an X2 so I'm doing a little ROMing for her. Currently have the Atrix ROM port installed on her X2.
I have been using the System Recovery app for getting into the ported Atrix Recovery (ver 220.127.116.11).
I've recently seen posts on Droid Life that ROM Manager is now compatible w/the X2, and that there is a new "real" CW Recovery (18.104.22.168) for the X2. I was able to find and download an X2 recovery.img file from the ClockworkMod site to verify it exists. (File name Recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-daytona.zip)
I have the most recent version of ROM Manager installed on her X2...so I need some help to clarify/confirm below:
1. I can now use ROM Manager to flash the new X2 Clockwork Recovery ver 126.96.36.199 via the Flash ClockworkMod Recovery option in ROM Manager.
2. Once I have flashed the new recovery, I can get into it from ROM Manager using the Reboot into Recovery option. Related question - does the need to plug in the phone, etc., that exists w/the System Recovery app I've been using go away now?
3. Once I've flashed the new recovery, I assume I should stop using the "System Recovery" app to install and launch the 188.8.131.52 Recovery that I've been previously using, correct, or ?
4. Is there a new Clockwork Mod Bootstrap Recovery app for the X2 to replace the System Recovery app? Could not find one in the Market, nor on the ClockworkMod site...
5. I should not use ROM Manager to create/manage backups - continue to do that manually in Clockwork Recovery.
Appreciate help with above...