DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TBH Free Wireless Tethering Hack Instructions

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid2
    Cool thanks for the quick reply.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    I'm a newly registered member to the forums, though I've been a lurker for right at a year now. I can verify that Radiocomm V11.11.7 worked just fine on my DroidX on Sept 10th when I goofed with it while running the 602 OTA. I had 3G, texting, browser, and I was using this laptop on tether... I believe it was Open Garden that I was using for tether. All merely experimental of course. Since then I have gone retro to play with a few things involving CMod, so I can not vouch for it's use as off today, since I'm back on Barnacle Wifi Tether just for ease use, fast install during SBF swapping, and of course familiarity. Note, however, I did not use the directions listed in this forum, but a specific set from another forum. The instructions are identical, with exception of mine being geared towards a different chipset.

Just my two pence, since I happened to stumble upon this and didn't see a follow up. :P

*EDIT* I followed the link, and have to say I agree totally with everything from post 22 and on, lol. I am new to all of this, including "smarter than me" phones, but two things I've learned over the last 12 months... Google is your friend (well, any decent search engine really) and before you DO anything, READ READ READ READ READ READ! Preferably more than one forum on the topic of interest, from more than one source. If you can not teach yourself something new by doing this and pull your own arse out of a sling, then you should put the phone down and just be happy with it straight out of the box.
    Last edited by Ay_Ya; 09-20-2011 at 12:05 AM. Reason: follow up
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    None
    Phone
    DroidX2
    Yes I Sooo Agree To Read Everything Everywhere. These Instructions Are For The X2 And The Droid 3 That I'm Aware Of. Meaning More Devices May Be Able To Use This Method. Devils Advocate Says What If It Doesn't Work? Do You Have A $600 Paperweight Now?
    Please Read The Posts In Each Thread Before Posting A New Thread, Try To Help Cut Down On The Redundant Questions So Others Can Find The Answers Quickly.

Treat Others With Respect.

I Am Not Responsible For What You Do To Your Phone As We Are All Responsible For Our Own Actions.
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Well, I can vouch for the original DROIDX then

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    None
    Phone
    DroidX2
    The Worst Thing Is This Process Is Stupid Simple And People Have Problems. So We Closed The Thread At xda To Calm The Storm Because This Could Really Mess Up The Phone If Done Incorrectly. It's Hard To Tell If Members Here Are Using This Or Not But If It Does Get To The Same Point It Did At xda I'll Close This Thread Too.
    Please Read The Posts In Each Thread Before Posting A New Thread, Try To Help Cut Down On The Redundant Questions So Others Can Find The Answers Quickly.

I Am Not Responsible For What You Do To Your Phone As We Are All Responsible For Our Own Actions.
  6. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    27 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ92YJ View Post
    The Worst Thing Is This Process Is Stupid Simple And People Have Problems. So We Closed The Thread At xda To Calm The Storm Because This Could Really Mess Up The Phone If Done Incorrectly. It's Hard To Tell If Members Here Are Using This Or Not But If It Does Get To The Same Point It Did At xda I'll Close This Thread Too.
    Huh? The original thread at xda isn't closed.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1182940
    Last edited by Snow02; 09-22-2011 at 09:36 AM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    None
    Phone
    DroidX2
    This Is Thread I Was Referring To In The Droid X2 Section.

Infrastructure Mode WiFi Tether (Bounty Thread) - xda-developers

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid 2.1 Bugless Beast V1.0
    I'm having some issues. Whenever I enter the Stelem/Rdelem, or hit the "get" button on the SW version I get red and this failed message. I have the newest radiocomm, and Motorola 5.2.0 drivers installed. Also I'm on a Windows 7 x64, but I will have access to a windows xp system tomorrow night if that would make a difference. Any tips or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Jared

Sending 'VERSION' command with data 'FFFF' to the radio...
    Sent to radio:
    TC Send Header: 000000390000000000000002
    TC Send Data: FFFF

Returned from radio:
    TC Receive Header: 86000039008C000000000030
    TC Receive Data: 48616E646C6572207468726561642074696D6564206F75742C 2074696D65206F7574203D203130207365636F6E647300
    TC ASCII Error: Handler thread timed out, time out = 10 seconds

VERSION ==>FAILED
    Driver answer ==> -4
    Error Description ==> Unknown Error
    Time to execute command: 10.011 seconds.
    Command timeout set to : 15 seconds.
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    I tried it on a windows xp system and still get the same problem. Do roms have anything to do with this? I am running Liberty with 2.3.4.
    Last edited by jaredb03; 11-18-2011 at 11:50 PM.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Just letting everyone know that i finally got it to work for me. If anyone is having problems getting radiocomm to recognize there phone what you need to do is hit the restart button near the top next to the dialog box of radiocomm. What this does is restart your phone and once it powers back on radiocomm will be working and see your phone. I read hundreds of post on multiple forums before i found this fix.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Links