DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 61

Thread: How do I root gingerbread?

  1. Droid
    RileyD's Avatar
    Member #
    198727
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Droid x2
    #1

    How do I root gingerbread?

    How do I root 2.3.3? I had 2.2.2 rooted and I used that pre-rooted gingerbread method to get to 2.3.3, but I can't do anything about rooting it, or using apps that require superuser.
  2. Senior Droid
    xgrinder911's Avatar
    Member #
    202007
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    138
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #2
    You flashed pre rooted gingerbread and you have no root?

    DX2T
  3. Droid
    RileyD's Avatar
    Member #
    198727
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Droid x2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by xgrinder911 View Post
    You flashed pre rooted gingerbread and you have no root?

    DX2T
    I believe so, I installed recovery and installed the pre-root version through recovery and now I'm running 2.3.3.
  4. Master Droid
    MikeJ92YJ's Avatar
    Member #
    87381
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Naugatuck, Connecticut
    Posts
    591
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    None
    Phone
    DroidX2
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyD View Post
    How do I root 2.3.3? I had 2.2.2 rooted and I used that pre-rooted gingerbread method to get to 2.3.3, but I can't do anything about rooting it, or using apps that require superuser.
    Try Downloading Superuser From The Market Or Uninstall Then Reinstall The App.
    Please Read The Posts In Each Thread Before Posting A New Thread, Try To Help Cut Down On The Redundant Questions So Others Can Find The Answers Quickly.

    Treat Others With Respect.

    I Am Not Responsible For What You Do To Your Phone As We Are All Responsible For Our Own Actions.
  5. Senior Droid
    xgrinder911's Avatar
    Member #
    202007
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    138
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #5
    I would check to make sure what you downloaded and flashed was P3droids gingerbread and if problems persist just sbf and flash again

    DX2T
  6. Droid
    RileyD's Avatar
    Member #
    198727
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Droid x2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by xgrinder911 View Post
    I would check to make sure what you downloaded and flashed was P3droids gingerbread and if problems persist just sbf and flash again

    DX2T
    hmm, whats sbf mean? I hate to sound noobish.
  7. Master Droid
    MikeJ92YJ's Avatar
    Member #
    87381
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Naugatuck, Connecticut
    Posts
    591
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    None
    Phone
    DroidX2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyD View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xgrinder911 View Post
    I would check to make sure what you downloaded and flashed was P3droids gingerbread and if problems persist just sbf and flash again

    DX2T
    hmm, whats sbf mean? I hate to sound noobish.
    The Zip That Contains A Stock 2.2.2 Out Of The Box State Using RSD Lite.
    Please Read The Posts In Each Thread Before Posting A New Thread, Try To Help Cut Down On The Redundant Questions So Others Can Find The Answers Quickly.

    Treat Others With Respect.

    I Am Not Responsible For What You Do To Your Phone As We Are All Responsible For Our Own Actions.
  8. Droid
    RileyD's Avatar
    Member #
    198727
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Droid x2
    #8
    Aha, just kidding I have super user access. Its just TI thats not letting me get superuser access. Why is this?
  9. Master Droid
    MikeJ92YJ's Avatar
    Member #
    87381
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Naugatuck, Connecticut
    Posts
    591
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    None
    Phone
    DroidX2
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyD View Post
    Aha, just kidding I have super user access. Its just TI thats not letting me get superuser access. Why is this?
    TI? What's That?
    Please Read The Posts In Each Thread Before Posting A New Thread, Try To Help Cut Down On The Redundant Questions So Others Can Find The Answers Quickly.

    Treat Others With Respect.

    I Am Not Responsible For What You Do To Your Phone As We Are All Responsible For Our Own Actions.
  10. Droid
    RileyD's Avatar
    Member #
    198727
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    37
    Phone
    Droid x2
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ92YJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RileyD View Post
    Aha, just kidding I have super user access. Its just TI thats not letting me get superuser access. Why is this?
    TI? What's That?
    Titanium Backup
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Root on Gingerbread
    By breid in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-28-2011, 12:41 PM
  2. Gingerbread plus root from...
    By guidot in forum Droid Pro Development
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-13-2011, 03:57 AM
  3. root after the gingerbread OTA
    By wb1960 in forum Droid X Hacks
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-13-2011, 03:21 PM
  4. gingerbread with root help
    By mattstieber in forum Droid X Rooted Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 12:55 AM
  5. Gingerbread root?
    By dxgeek35 in forum Droid X General Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-29-2011, 06:47 AM

Search tags for this page

android 2.3 for dx2 ota root
,
droid x gingerbread root
,
droid x2 2.3 root
,

droid x2 gingerbread root

,
droid x2 root gingerbread
,

root droid x2 gingerbread

,
root droid x2 gingerbread 2.3.3
,

root gingerbread

,
root gingerbread droid x2
,
root gingerbread x2
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+