DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: Root

  1. Junior Droid
    curryinaninstant's Avatar
    Member #
    214845
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #1

    Root

    Hi everyone. New poster here. I'm interested in rooting my droid x2 and had some questions. I just got the gingerbread update and am running 2.2.3. How would I go about rooting the phone? I've never rooted a phone before. Are there any custom roms available for the new gingerbread update, and if so, how would I go about flashing them? The main reason I want to root my phone is to improve the battery life through undervolting. is there a way to do that?


    Thanks for all the help!
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. Master Droid
    MikeJ92YJ's Avatar
    Member #
    87381
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Naugatuck, Connecticut
    Posts
    591
    Liked
    8 times
    Twitter
    None
    Phone
    DroidX2
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by curryinaninstant View Post
    Hi everyone. New poster here. I'm interested in rooting my droid x2 and had some questions. I just got the gingerbread update and am running 2.2.3. How would I go about rooting the phone? I've never rooted a phone before. Are there any custom roms available for the new gingerbread update, and if so, how would I go about flashing them? The main reason I want to root my phone is to improve the battery life through undervolting. is there a way to do that?


    Thanks for all the help!
    If You're Already On Gingerbread There Is No Way To Root That Right Now. You Would Need To Flash Back To 2.2.2, Gain Root, And Flash P3Droid's Pre-Root Gingerbread.
    Please Read The Posts In Each Thread Before Posting A New Thread, Try To Help Cut Down On The Redundant Questions So Others Can Find The Answers Quickly.

    Treat Others With Respect.

    I Am Not Responsible For What You Do To Your Phone As We Are All Responsible For Our Own Actions.
  4. Junior Droid
    curryinaninstant's Avatar
    Member #
    214845
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ92YJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curryinaninstant View Post
    Hi everyone. New poster here. I'm interested in rooting my droid x2 and had some questions. I just got the gingerbread update and am running 2.2.3. How would I go about rooting the phone? I've never rooted a phone before. Are there any custom roms available for the new gingerbread update, and if so, how would I go about flashing them? The main reason I want to root my phone is to improve the battery life through undervolting. is there a way to do that?


    Thanks for all the help!
    If You're Already On Gingerbread There Is No Way To Root That Right Now. You Would Need To Flash Back To 2.2.2, Gain Root, And Flash P3Droid's Pre-Root Gingerbread.
    Okay I have no idea how to do that. Will the pre-root gingerbread work the same as the gingerbread that is actually on my phone right now? If so, what steps would I have to go about to do that? From there, can I install another rom, or am I stuck using what i have until someone releases another rom? Also, would flashing back delete all my apps? Thanks for the help!
  5. Master Droid
    nlinecomputers's Avatar
    Member #
    58346
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    450
    Liked
    4 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    #4
    Currently this method:

    UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update - xda-developers

    is the only way to root GB on a Droid X2 at this time.
  6. Junior Droid
    curryinaninstant's Avatar
    Member #
    214845
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by nlinecomputers View Post
    Currently this method:

    UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update - xda-developers

    is the only way to root GB on a Droid X2 at this time.
    So do you recommend rooting it? (which involves deleting all my apps) or do you think its better off just to wait? When is there going to be a root for gingerbread?
  7. Master Droid
    myriad46's Avatar
    Member #
    8076
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by curryinaninstant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nlinecomputers View Post
    Currently this method:

    UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update - xda-developers

    is the only way to root GB on a Droid X2 at this time.
    So do you recommend rooting it? (which involves deleting all my apps) or do you think its better off just to wait? When is there going to be a root for gingerbread?
    Why do you want to root? That may help us to give you a yes/no as to whether you should.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  8. Junior Droid
    curryinaninstant's Avatar
    Member #
    214845
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by myriad46 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curryinaninstant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nlinecomputers View Post
    Currently this method:

    UPDATED - [HOW-TO] SBF back to stock Froyo, Update to P3Droids Pre-Rooted GB Update - xda-developers

    is the only way to root GB on a Droid X2 at this time.
    So do you recommend rooting it? (which involves deleting all my apps) or do you think its better off just to wait? When is there going to be a root for gingerbread?
    Why do you want to root? That may help us to give you a yes/no as to whether you should.
    The major thing, as I said in the OP, is improving the battery life. That, along with the custom roms, titanium backup, tethering, etc. are all reasons why I want to root. I was on the phone for 4 hours yesterday (using it heavily for the internet and texting) and it went from 100 percent battery to 4% battery. I've heard rooting and undervolting seriously improves the battery life which is why I want to give it a go
  9. Master Droid
    myriad46's Avatar
    Member #
    8076
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Upstate, NY
    Posts
    473
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X2
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by curryinaninstant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by myriad46 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by curryinaninstant View Post

    So do you recommend rooting it? (which involves deleting all my apps) or do you think its better off just to wait? When is there going to be a root for gingerbread?
    Why do you want to root? That may help us to give you a yes/no as to whether you should.
    The major thing, as I said in the OP, is improving the battery life. That, along with the custom roms, titanium backup, tethering, etc. are all reasons why I want to root. I was on the phone for 4 hours yesterday (using it heavily for the internet and texting) and it went from 100 percent battery to 4% battery. I've heard rooting and undervolting seriously improves the battery life which is why I want to give it a go
    Sorry, from your posts so far it was hard to tell what your experience level was. It now appear to be quite a bit higher than it seemed. Go for the rooting now. It could take a long time to get root not using the pre-root method.
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    AOKP Rom - current build
  10. Junior Droid
    curryinaninstant's Avatar
    Member #
    214845
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    23
    Phone
    Droid X2
    #9
    Sorry about that. I understand what rooting does and the benefits of it, i'm just not 100% sure how to do it. From what I understand, I have to flash back to froyo and then root the phone using gingerbreak. After that, I should install the gingerbread root install.zip file. If I do that, can I still keep a custom rom, or do I have to use the rom associated with gingerbread? I'm still not sure how to flash back to froyo. Also, is there any way to back up all my apps for free?
  11. Junior Droid
    ALFONSO210's Avatar
    Member #
    206935
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8
    Phone
    droidx2
    #10
    can anyone tell me if there will be a better way to root the new updates with dx2 ...its alot of bs to go back to fryo and flash p3droid ...does anyone know if there be a better way to root dx2;;;;;
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM
  2. Easy Root/Universal Androot vs. Traditional Root (Milestone)
    By Backdraft in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 10:25 AM
  3. Need some direction with Easy Root, one-click root for DROID 1
    By Mzamora10 in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-06-2010, 07:27 PM
  4. Wanting to root. But wheres the one click root for droid to make it easier?
    By kermitdfrogdroid in forum Android Hacks and Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 10:13 PM

Search tags for this page

gingerbread 2.2.3 root
,
how to root android 2.2.3
,

how to root droid x2 2.2.3

,

how to root gingerbread 2.2.3

,

how to root motorola droid 2.2.3

,

root 2.2.3 droid x2

,
root droid 1 2.2.3
,

root gingerbread 2.2.3

,

root motorola droid 2.2.3

,

universal androot 2.2.3

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+