DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gingerbread Download Here

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Worth losing root?
  2. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid x2
    In my opinion yeah but others may feel differently. Its just as fast as supercharging and there are minor tweaks that make this update really smooth. I truly disliked my X2 so much prior to this update that I was debating whether to sell it on ebay. Now I'm in love with this thing.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I'm sold, I only use root for bloat. No supercharge, Turbo, ethonal...
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidx
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Just because the build.prop says its 2.3.3 doesn't mean anything.

And honestly, all those wishing to update, just be patient, the update will be rolling out worldwide starting Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Im not supposed to release a lot of information but hell with it. Im disappointed with the update.

For those wondering, this update did not add additional function. It did add additional bloat, with a nice (sarcasm) Verizon app store. It also did NOT fix issues with music popping or anything. The only issue it seemed to resolve is duplicate texts.

As for everything else, it appears to be almost a direct port of the DX 2.3.3 update, which proved to be very problematic. Also, I do not believe it is optimized for dual core -- all benchmark tests have decreased in score.

There isn't a whole lot of good feedback coming from the Motorola forums.

So, if I were you all, unless you were having duplicate texts, or simply hate the current t version, id hold out on this update and keep root.

I'm really disappointed we didn't get 2.3.4.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX2
    Moto and vzw hates us with a passion. And will do any thing they can to lock down our device and charge us more for services that are native to the phone. If I throw my phone threw a window they will try to figure out how to charge me for using the device as a brick and not it's intended purpose.

Give me root or give me an iPhone...
    DX2 ready and waiting for roms
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid x2
    Quote Originally Posted by C21johnson View Post

And honestly, all those wishing to update, just be patient, the update will be rolling out worldwide starting Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. Im not supposed to release a lot of information but hell with it. Im disappointed with the update.

For those wondering, this update did not add additional function. It did add additional bloat, with a nice (sarcasm) Verizon app store. It also did NOT fix issues with music popping or anything. The only issue it seemed to resolve is duplicate texts.

As for everything else, it appears to be almost a direct port of the DX 2.3.3 update, which proved to be very problematic. Also, I do not believe it is optimized for dual core -- all benchmark tests have decreased in score.

So, if I were you all, unless you were having duplicate texts, or simply hate the current t version, id hold out on this update and keep root.

So you think that it isn't the real update and is just the X gb optimized for the X2? Because it seems pretty awesome to me

7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droidx
    DroidForums.net Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tical364 View Post

So you think that it isn't the real update and is just the X gb optimized for the X2? Because it seems pretty awesome to me

Well, after reviewing the build closer, this update posted seems to be the legit thing that was released to the soak testers... but the problem is, even the OTA that the soak testers received is still lacking. All it has is a little speed, minor updates, themed, and a fix for the duplicate texts. This is what the X should have been shipped with and we should be receiving 2.3.4.

The real way to confirm if this update posted is legit, is by asking if it has the new keyboard layout with the long press numbers on "qwertyuiop"

8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid x2
    Quote Originally Posted by tical364 View Post

Well, after reviewing the build closer, this update posted seems to be the legit thing that was released to the soak testers... but the problem is, even the OTA that the soak testers received is still lacking. All it has is a little speed, minor updates, themed, and a fix for the duplicate texts. This is what the X should have been shipped with and we should be receiving 2.3.4.

The real way to confirm if this update posted is legit, is by asking if it has the new keyboard layout with the long press numbers on "qwertyuiop"

It does have the numbers integrated in the keypad. I agree though that it should have shipped with this update. Nonetheless, it is still leaps and bounds better than what 2.2 had to offer (stock) because 2.3 actually operates functionally

9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid
    this sucks i want gingerbread but my phone is running fast with good battery life using minimalX, and I like root....Does this update have the revamped motoblur?
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    I hate asking such noob questions, but why wouldn't Gingerbreak work to root this version? It's what I used to root my X2 before, and wasn't it designed for Gingerbread? That's what the post on XDA says.
    Last edited by lwyatt100; 07-29-2011 at 02:59 PM.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links