You'll Need These Files:
Froyo Stock 2.2.2 SBF
Gingerbread 2.3.3 SBF
RSD Lite 5.4.4
P3Droid's Pre-Rooted Gingerbread
System Recovery (Bootstrap)
1. Install The Apk
2. Open App And Hit 'Install Recovery'
3. Hit 'Recovery Mode'
4. Inside Clockworkmod You Can Then Perform These Actions:
Before Flashing Anything It's A Good Idea To Perform A Full Nandroid Backup. This Is Also Where You Can Restore A Previous Backup.
When Installing/Flashing Roms, Themes, Or General 'Hacks' Use The Install From SD Card.
Advanced Menu Is Where You Can Wipe The Dalvik Cache, Wipe The Battery Stats If You're Getting Inaccurate Readings, Report Error Creates A Txt File If Your Flash Was Aborted, And Fix Permissions If You Get Force Closes.
If You're Going To Upgrade Using P3's Pre-Root You MUST Be Bone Out Of The Box Stock 2.2.2 With Only Root And System Recovery.
Rooting Gingerbread SBF Or OTA - Now Supports Unrooting
1. Make sure you have Motorola drivers installed - LINK to x64 drivers(64-bit) LINK to x86 drivers(32-bit)
2. Download and unzip 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' - LINK MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4
3. On your phone: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging(check box)
4. Plug phone into computer and select "Charge Only" mode
5. Navigate to 'MotorolaOneClickRoot_psouza4' folder and run 'MotorolaOneClickRoot.exe'
6. Now just follow the instructions in the command window and unlock the phone after each reboot.
For Windows XP users having trouble try this -> v7 .bat One Click.
The instructions are the same as the EXE version.
Thanks to the hard work of the following:
djrbliss - finding the exploit
framework43 - writing the OG one click
psouza4 - rewriting the whole damn thing 100 times and being the man behind the curtain(he's watching you)
krazykrivda - gathering developers and making this happen
Instructions For Using RSD Lite:
1. Start RSD Lite And Plug Your USB Cable Into The Back Of The Computer Only.
2. Press And Hold The Power Button And Hold The Volume Up Rocker Until You See "Starting RSD Protocol Support".
3. Now Plug Your USB Cable Into The Phone. You Will Then See Inside Of RSD Lite That Your Device Is Now Connected.
4. Click On The "..." Find The SBF File You Unzipped And Open It.
5. Click Start. After The Device Reboots And RSD Says 100% You May Then Close RSD Lite, It's Possible It May Give You An Error Saying That It Is Not Done Yet. You Can Ignore That And Click Okay To Proceed.
After An SBF It Will Have A TRIANGLE In The Notifications, You Must Dial *228 Follow The Instructions.
When Deciding To Start Flashing ROMs You CANNOT Cross Flash.
Okay: 2.2 > 2.2 Or 2.3 > 2.3
NOT Okay: 2.2 > 2.3 Or 2.3 > 2.2
Only Exceptions Are SBF, P3's Pre-Root, And OTA.
Now That It's All Ready To Go, You're Probably Gonna Wanna Check Out The ROM Roundup Or Themes.
Thanks To Alucard103 For The ROM Roundup.
**NOTE: Give Credit To The Developer(s) That Made This Possible.
If You Wish You May Donate.
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU USE THIS METHOD ON YOUR DROIDX2 AND IT DOES NOT WORK OR "BRICKS" YOUR DROIDX2.