These are the same steps that were posted in the "Dude.....my X2 absolutely screams after doing this...disappointing before but no more" thread. I've stripped them down and reworded a few that seem to be causing some confusion.
These steps are intended for use on the stock Droid X2 running 2.2.2... I'm sure they will be close to the same on other phones, but if your phone is not a stock Droid X2 (2.2.2), know that the steps may be different.
Before even considering this, READ ALL THE STEPS. Then READ IT AGAIN.
There are two tweaks recommended here: V6_Supercharger and SD Speed Increase.
Requirements for V6_Supercharger:
1. Rooted Phone (Gingerbreak 1.20)
2. Script Manager (free on Market)
3. BusyBox 1.18.2 or earlier
Installing/Using the script:
1. Install BusyBox. There are a number of ways to get this... it comes as part of Titanium Backup, for example. If you're not sure if you have it, or not, you can use BusyBox Installer (free on Market) to detect whether or not you have it and install it if you don't.
- Note: BusyBox Installer tells you which version you have installed on the main screen after it loads... it should be in a list that starts with "Your device is Rooted"
- Note: Make sure you don't install BusyBox 1.19 or anything newer than 1.18.2
2. Download the script. Save it in a place where you'll be able to find it.
3. Launch Script Manager and find the downloaded file (usually in /mnt/sdcard/download). Long-press no it and select rename, then delete the .txt from the end. You should have a file named "V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh"... Press once on the script file to load it into Script Manager, check the 'Run as Root' box (DO NOT select "Run at Boot") and push "Run" to execute the script.
4. The script will run and ask for a speed. Touch anywhere on the screen to open your keyboard. Type 1 if this is your first time running the script, 0 if you're a fast reader or you are in a hurry. Next, it lists 17 options and gives an input prompt. Type 8 and push Enter. (This selects the called MegaRAM 1 preset, but feel free to try others, if you're so inclined)
5. Once script finishes, type 17 and push enter to end the script. Push the phone's Menu button and select 'exit' to return to the list of scripts.
6. Pushing the phone's Back button should bring you to a file browser. Push the '..' line (second from top) until the top line reads '/'.
7. Push the phone's Menu button, push 'More' and then 'Config'. Check the box 'Browse as root'. Push the phone's Back button to return to the file browser.
8. Browse to /data and select '99SuperCharger.sh' (This script was created by the first script and makes sure the settings from the first script are re-applied on boot)
9. Select both 'Run as root' and 'Run at boot'. Push 'Save' and then 'Run'. If it says "Exit code 0" at the top of the screen, the script ran successfully. Any other Exit codes should be reported.
10. Almost all the settings are now in place... but reboot your phone to get the last ones implemented.
11. After reboot, launch Script Manager and run V6_SuperCharger_for_Android-update8.sh (the first script). Select 0 at the first prompt, look for the current minfrees values... it should say "Launcher is HARD TO KILL!" and "Current minfrees = 6, 12, 40, 60, 80, 100". If the settings are correct, type 17 to exit and you are done. If not, re-read steps because you missed something.
Credit goes to Zeppelinrox, see this thread for more info on this script.
Requirements for SD Speed Increase:
1. Rooted Phone (Gingerbreak 1.20)
2. SD Speed Increase (free on Market)
Configuring SD Speed Increase:
1. Open the app and adjust the memory slider to 2048
2. Check 'Set on every reboot'
3. Push the red button
4. Reboot the phone
3G TurboCharge (beta)
- I'll post full step-by-step instructions soon, but for now, here are two more scripts from Zepplinrox that will boost 3G performance... Run 3GTurboChargerInstaller.sh and 98KickAssKernelTweaksInstaller.sh once each. The second script creates this boot script: /system/etc/init.d/98kickasskernel, so you will have use this thread to get init.d created (Side note: I haven't been able to get it to actually run the scripts that are placed in init.d... we're stuck with Script Manager for now). Run all scripts as root, obviously.
- NOTE TO DROID X2 USERS: There have been reports of these two scripts causing trouble on pre-rooted GB. Use at your own risk!
Questions, Comments & Corrections are always welcome!
Update SuperCharger to update7 (need to test it myself first)
Test and implement AutoStart script
06/27/2011 - Removed ro.Home_app_adj tweak. It's handled by the SuperCharger script.
06/27/2011 - Updated SuperCharger script instructions to use v4 of the script.
07/14/2011 - Updated SuperCharger script instructions to use v5 of the script.
07/18/2011 - Added BusyBox requirement to the SuperCharger script.
07/25/2011 - Updated SuperCharger script instructions to use v8 of the script. Rewrote most steps for improved clarity.