DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: x2 stuck in a boot loop

  1. Senior Droid
    vvildcard's Avatar
    Member #
    205041
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    vvildcard
    Phone
    Droid X2 (Eclipse ROM)
    #11
    I had similar issues after uninstalling a few things that I shouldn't have (mine was calendar related). I basically did the same thing you're describing, but it looks like the thing you're missing is a permissions fix (to echo what psousa4 said). If you can get it booted, I used 2 apps to find and then fix the apps that had broken permissions...

    1. Use Adao File Manager to browse /system/app. Each file should have -r- in the far right column... look through the list for any that don't have it (I had about 20) and make note of them (pen and paper, notepad on your computer, etc).
    2. Use File Expert (or Root Explorer, I used FE because it's free) to fix the permissions on each file that was incorrect. As psouza4 said, you want everyone to have read and the owner to also have write... rw-r--r--
    3. Once all permissions are fixed, I used the Settings > Privacy > Factory Reset Data to re-image the phone. When it was finished, it was back at stock with everything installed.
    Last edited by vvildcard; 06-16-2011 at 04:34 PM.
  2. Junior Droid
    pointnumberone's Avatar
    Member #
    118710
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by vvildcard View Post
    I had similar issues after uninstalling a few things that I shouldn't have (mine was calendar related). I basically did the same thing you're describing, but it looks like the thing you're missing is a permissions fix (to echo what psousa4 said). If you can get it booted, I used 2 apps to find and then fix the apps that had broken permissions...

    1. Use Adao File Manager to browse /system/app. Each file should have -r- in the far right column... look through the list for any that don't have it (I had about 20) and make note of them (pen and paper, notepad on your computer, etc).
    2. Use File Expert (or Root Explorer, I used FE because it's free) to fix the permissions on each file that was incorrect. As psouza4 said, you want everyone to have read and the owner to also have write... rw--r--r-
    3. Once all permissions are fixed, I used the Settings > Privacy > Factory Reset Data to re-image the phone. When it was finished, it was back at stock with everything installed.
    Yeah... it won't boot because of the permissions problems... the entire /system/apps folder was overwritten.

    So... we can't get connected using ADB. The only option from the recovery that doesn't result in a boot loop is RSD (and fastboot), which we don't have an image for yet. *sigh*
  3. Droid
    psouza4's Avatar
    Member #
    76721
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Meridian, ID, USA
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE
    #13
    I think that'd be: rw-r--r--

  4. Droid
    psouza4's Avatar
    Member #
    76721
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Meridian, ID, USA
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by pointnumberone View Post
    Yeah... it won't boot because of the permissions problems... the entire /system/apps folder was overwritten.

    So... we can't get connected using ADB. The only option from the recovery that doesn't result in a boot loop is RSD (and fastboot), which we don't have an image for yet. *sigh*
    That's a real problem -- I'm sorry, man.

    Did you try that repair link at motorola posted earlier?
  5. Junior Droid
    pointnumberone's Avatar
    Member #
    118710
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
    I think that'd be: rw-r--r--

    A signed "update.zip" file that simply resets all the permissions would be awesome... Anybody from Verizon and/or Motorola around?

    I forgot we can get that far in the recovery, but have no valid update.zip to run.
  6. Senior Droid
    vvildcard's Avatar
    Member #
    205041
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    201
    Liked
    2 times
    Twitter
    vvildcard
    Phone
    Droid X2 (Eclipse ROM)
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
    I think that'd be: rw-r--r--

    Woops! Good catch... Fixed.
  7. Junior Droid
    pointnumberone's Avatar
    Member #
    118710
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pointnumberone View Post
    Yeah... it won't boot because of the permissions problems... the entire /system/apps folder was overwritten.

    So... we can't get connected using ADB. The only option from the recovery that doesn't result in a boot loop is RSD (and fastboot), which we don't have an image for yet. *sigh*
    That's a real problem -- I'm sorry, man.

    Did you try that repair link at motorola posted earlier?
    Repair tool doesn't detect the phone, in any of the states we can stay in (recovery/rsd/fastboot).

    Pretty much out of luck till an .sbf is available (or magical update.zip appears).
  8. Droid
    psouza4's Avatar
    Member #
    76721
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Meridian, ID, USA
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE
    #18
    Would this work for you:

    [HOW-TO] Create an update.zip
  9. Junior Droid
    pointnumberone's Avatar
    Member #
    118710
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    #19
    Quote Originally Posted by psouza4 View Post
    Would this work for you:

    [HOW-TO] Create an update.zip
    I can create one... but it needs to be signed by Verizon/Motorola (i'm guessing verizon). I tried signing one myself using openssl, but no luck.
  10. Droid
    psouza4's Avatar
    Member #
    76721
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Meridian, ID, USA
    Posts
    40
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note III LTE
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by pointnumberone View Post
    I can create one... but it needs to be signed by Verizon/Motorola (i'm guessing verizon). I tried signing one myself using openssl, but no luck.
    Yes, with your own keys (OpenSSL) -- but if you read that thread, it supplies keys for you (testsign.jar has its own keys). The thread is a generic Motorola one, so it may work -- or not -- but worth a try?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Stuck in boot loop
    By Lusslax33 in forum Droid 2 Roms
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-23-2011, 07:33 PM
  2. stuck at boot loop!
    By chrisusa96 in forum Droid X Roms
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 09:27 AM
  3. stuck in a boot loop
    By ocholoco in forum Rescue Squad Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2010, 03:29 PM
  4. Stuck in a boot loop
    By Interpolly in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-16-2010, 10:43 AM

Search tags for this page

boot loop droid x2
,

droid x2 boot loop

,

droid x2 bootloop

,
droid x2 reboot loop
,
droid x2 recovery mode
,

droid x2 stuck in boot loop

,
droid x2 stuck in bootloop
,
droid x2 won't boot
,
droid x2 wont boot
,
x2 boot loop
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.

Tags for this Thread

Find us on Google+