DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slim case for DX2?

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2

Slim case for DX2?

I've had my X2 for a week now and purchased the Otterbox Defender when I picked up the phone. Love it but find there are times while working when I don't need that much protection and need to slip the phone in and out of my pocket. Anyone have any good suggestions on where to get a nice smooth non-rubbery case that doesn't add bulk but still adds some protection? I don't want anything silicone or silicone coated that will stick to a pocket or come out with lint all over it. Thanks in advance.

Jim

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    My husband and I bought the Qmadix Gel (or "Flex Gel") off of Amazon (some say Droid X2, some say Droid X) - we love them. They are quite slim, it's a stiff type of plastic/gel, things don't "stick" to it. I carry it around in my pocket all day. They come in a few different colors to suit your tastes (like classic "clear" or "black" - we got purple and red - they are not too "gaudy" looking or garish in color!).

Oh - I should have said... here's another thread where I posed some pics of my car dock mount. You can see the Qmadix Gel case in action on my Droid X2. It's slim enough I was able to only slightly modify my car dock in order to mount and charge at the same time with the case ON!!
    Car mount for video taking?
    Last edited by WebFoo; 10-03-2011 at 11:35 PM. Reason: link to other thread w/pics
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Thanks for both! I'll look into this case, seems like what I'm looking for.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razor Maxx HD

slim and nice cse for the x2

Quote Originally Posted by jimbud View Post
    I've had my X2 for a week now and purchased the Otterbox Defender when I picked up the phone. Love it but find there are times while working when I don't need that much protection and need to slip the phone in and out of my pocket. Anyone have any good suggestions on where to get a nice smooth non-rubbery case that doesn't add bulk but still adds some protection? I don't want anything silicone or silicone coated that will stick to a pocket or come out with lint all over it. Thanks in advance.

Jim
    i read several reviews before i purchased the "sidio" for the x and it is absolutely wonderful.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by WebFoo View Post
    Oh - I should have said... here's another thread where I posed some pics of my car dock mount. You can see the Qmadix Gel case in action on my Droid X2. It's slim enough I was able to only slightly modify my car dock in order to mount and charge at the same time with the case ON!!
    Car mount for video taking?
    What kind of mod did you have to do to get it to fit? I picked up a TPU case from Verizon that looks similar to the one you're using (doesn't have the hard back plate) and wondering if I might also be able to do the same. I found I have a habit of making impulse buys with accessories only to end up with a bunch of stuff I've barely used. That said I'm trying to do as much research as I can so I don't end up with a small box full of cases and gadgets sitting around.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X2
    Quote Originally Posted by nbbforrest View Post
    i read several reviews before i purchased the "sidio" for the x and it is absolutely wonderful.
    I looked at the seidio two piece case and like it but wanted something I could just slip in and out of when necessary. Thanks for the suggestion tho!
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    20 times
    Phone
    Droid X2
    For what its worth the simple 10 dollar one piece slip on from Verizon is decent

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  9. Droid Ninja
    Member #
    Liked
    34 times
    Phone
    iPhone 5 and DROID MAXX
    This is the one I had for mine. Hard to find sometimes, but (IMO) the perfect case.

Superior Dual Cover by Verizon - Android Forums
    I have CDO. It's like OCD except the letters are in alphabetical order, as they should be.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I'm looking for a slim case too. I had the one from Rocketfish which I liked ok until I took my first X2 out and saw two tiny little chunks taken out around the speaker port, I don't know what would have caused that other than a rough part inside the case. Then I bought a $1 silicone case from Amazon that I liked initially, but the damn thing attracts lint like crazy. The other thing I don't like is the big cutout around the speaker, the Rocketfish only had a little sliver taken out and it was much better. I want something that barely offers any protection for falls because I have not nor will I ever drop this thing. I just need it for protection against putting it on hard surfaces and leaving in my pocket, it would be a millimeter thick for all I care. Maybe a skin is better for me.

Anyway, I was looking at the Seido and will also check out the one recommended here. I love how the phone feels without a case, but just won't carry it like that.
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Razor Maxx HD

seidio acrive x case

Quote Originally Posted by jimbud View Post

Jim

I bought the seidio active x case it works great
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links