DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metamorph question...

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Yea well that was the first thing I tried before making this thread and it worked but still no Clock or 3G logo. The link he gave me tho, are those like backups of the stock roms or something? I was a lil confused on what to do there. I saw the sbf files but I already have the one I need for the D2G and I would prefer not to sbf her phone. I feel so stupid for not making a nandroid. I've been doing this for almost 6months now, shoulda known better ya kno

Edit - ok i figured it out. On the site that link goes to, there are stock Roms pre rooted, you can download, can someone take a look and tell me which one I need

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1
    Last edited by BackSeatSuicide; 04-19-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  2. Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Twitter
    @B_boytm
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    You tried metamorphing a white statusbar already?... weird... and I'm mobile now so I can look later... Mbk knows his stuff so I'll safely assume that link is for multiple devices even tho Peter only devs on the d1 (pretty sure)... another option you can do is find a stable rom for the device you have issues with and nandroid what you have now just in case... flash the new rom and show her all the new extras a custom rom has.. meanwhile, you can research finding a stock rooted rom for that device in the case that she is not happy with the custom rom and wants to go back to stock.... I have a d1 so unfortunately I can't even test out ideas for ya but I would have thought that if the very top statusbar was white to begin with, reflashing a white one would have fixed the issue.... ya might wanna check in the section for that device and see if there is any links to a stock rooted rom there....

Sent from the imagination of Uncle B-boy

http://bit.ly/BboyTMwebsite
    <-- My Website - The ALL-In-1 Place for all my work

http://twitter.com/#!/B_boytm <-- Follow me on TWITTER...
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by B-boy™ View Post
    You tried metamorphing a white statusbar already?... weird... and I'm mobile now so I can look later... Mbk knows his stuff so I'll safely assume that link is for multiple devices even tho Peter only devs on the d1 (pretty sure)... another option you can do is find a stable rom for the device you have issues with and nandroid what you have now just in case... flash the new rom and show her all the new extras a custom rom has.. meanwhile, you can research finding a stock rooted rom for that device in the case that she is not happy with the custom rom and wants to go back to stock.... I have a d1 so unfortunately I can't even test out ideas for ya but I would have thought that if the very top statusbar was white to begin with, reflashing a white one would have fixed the issue.... ya might wanna check in the section for that device and see if there is any links to a stock rooted rom there....

That's what I'm saying. They have stock Rom I can download from that link he gave me. But there listed under numbers so I'm not sure which one is for the D2G, so that's why I need someone to check the link and tell me which one it is. Know what I mean. And I think I am just gonna flash fission to her phone. I already got it rooted so I just need the Droid 2 bootstrap app and the fission rom manager, which I still have the FRM files on our laptop from when I installed it on my D2G before i traded it for a DX

Verizon has been screwing the dev. community for years. The petition works, That step begins here https://www.change.org/petitions/kwo...-3-bootloaders
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Heres the Stock ROMs they have for download, but like I said, not sure which file is for the D2G, so heres the name of all the choices, so maybe someone can tell me which one is for the D2G -

ESD20 (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    ESD56 (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    ESE81 (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    FRG01B (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    FRG22D (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    FRG83D (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    FRG83G (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
    GPA14 (Odexed) (DeOdexed)
  5. Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Twitter
    @B_boytm
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Pretty sure none... esd and ese = eclair... frg=froyo... GPA= gingerbread Peter Alfonso (aosp).... those are all d1, I'm 99% positive on that....

6. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    What was the MetaMorph that you applied to your GF's phone?... and are you able to pull the framework-res.apk from your GF's phone?...

Then I can take a look and see why it won't display the clokc and 3g icon...most likely it's a broken status bar background .9.png that's causing the issue...
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbk View Post
    What was the MetaMorph that you applied to your GF's phone?... and are you able to pull the framework-res.apk from your GF's phone?...

Then I can take a look and see why it won't display the clokc and 3g icon...most likely it's a broken status bar background .9.png that's causing the issue...
    I can link you to which one it was, but my GF is at work at the moment, and I'm leaving soon myself, so I dont have access to her phone right now. heres the link tho - MetaMorph – Notification Bar – Black – droidpirate.com

Most likely, when she gets home tonight, i'm Just gonna flash Fission, and I know she will dig it, shes been interested in custom ROMs, especially since, from the moment i got my phone and found out about them and the other hacks/mods/themeing i could do with my Android Phone, i talk about it a lot lol and am always researching, posting, and playing around with stuff and showing it to her, so now i can finally get her to try it out, and i have an excuse to get her to do it lol i have to do it to fix your phone babe hahaha
  8. Android For Life
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post

I can link you to which one it was, but my GF is at work at the moment, and I'm leaving soon myself, so I dont have access to her phone right now. heres the link tho - MetaMorph – Notification Bar – Black – droidpirate.com

Most likely, when she gets home tonight, i'm Just gonna flash Fission, and I know she will dig it, shes been interested in custom ROMs, especially since, from the moment i got my phone and found out about them and the other hacks/mods/themeing i could do with my Android Phone, i talk about it a lot lol and am always researching, posting, and playing around with stuff and showing it to her, so now i can finally get her to try it out, and i have an excuse to get her to do it lol i have to do it to fix your phone babe hahaha
    I'll replace that MM with the stock png, then you can try reapplying the MM and get it back to stock.
    as for the pulldowns staying gray, those are separate pngs and if you did change them and the text was black, she would've cut off your.... acorns...lmao...
  9. Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel
    Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    Twitter
    @B_boytm
    Phone
    Moto Droid 1
    Premium Member
    Lmao....

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    BackSeatSuicide
    Phone
    Verizon Galaxy Note 3
    Quote Originally Posted by BackSeatSuicide View Post

I'll replace that MM with the stock png, then you can try reapplying the MM and get it back to stock.
    as for the pulldowns staying gray, those are separate pngs and if you did change them and the text was black, she would've cut off your.... acorns...lmao...
    True that bro. Thanks for the help. Another issue I had, which isn't such a big deal, but using MM I changed my battery icon to a cyan colored speedometer looking icon, but then I found a transformers one so I put that over it and now it randomly switches back and forth between the two Evey hour or so lol its weird. But I made a nandroid backup of both my stock froyo rom and one of Rubix when I first installed it, so I can fix it no problem. But I mentioned it because I was assuming it did it because I put one icon over the other. So what's the proper way to change between different MM icons and themes and what not. So I don't cause errors like ya kno. Other then those two issues tho, MM and Droidpirate.com is awesome and everything has worked.

Last edited by BackSeatSuicide; 04-19-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links