I'm using Corporate Sync to sync my Droid X with my company's Exchange Server- Calendar, Email, & Contacts. It works wonderfully for email, but the information in my contacts is scrambled.
As an example, I have six mobile numbers listed for one contact. One of them is correct. The other five are numbers that belong to other contacts. This same contact has two email addresses- one that is correct one that belongs to a different contact. The contact info is correct in Outlook on my PC. I have no contacts set up in GMail.
I have re-set my phone several times with no change. I have pulled and re-installed teh battery. I have tried re-setting the phone without backups, and I've even re-set the phone without attaching a GMail account. I went to the VZW store, and a rep there allowed me to set up the corporate sync on a new Droid X. The new phone had the same trouble.
Assuming the problem was with my Exchange Server, I took the matter to our IT provider. They spent several hours running diagnostics and testing the server, and came up with nothing.
This afternoon I set up the corporate sync on a friend's Fascinate, and the contact information was perfect. I think this eliminates the Exchange Server as the problem. Now I'm suspecting the problem lies in the cloud.
I have searched the forums, and I can't find anything about this. My IT provider has also searched around and can''t find anything. I can't be the only one with this problem.
I'm at my wit's end, and hoping that someone here can give me some direction.