DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Scrambled Contact Info

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola DroidX

Scrambled Contact Info

I'm using Corporate Sync to sync my Droid X with my company's Exchange Server- Calendar, Email, & Contacts. It works wonderfully for email, but the information in my contacts is scrambled.

As an example, I have six mobile numbers listed for one contact. One of them is correct. The other five are numbers that belong to other contacts. This same contact has two email addresses- one that is correct one that belongs to a different contact. The contact info is correct in Outlook on my PC. I have no contacts set up in GMail.

I have re-set my phone several times with no change. I have pulled and re-installed teh battery. I have tried re-setting the phone without backups, and I've even re-set the phone without attaching a GMail account. I went to the VZW store, and a rep there allowed me to set up the corporate sync on a new Droid X. The new phone had the same trouble.

Assuming the problem was with my Exchange Server, I took the matter to our IT provider. They spent several hours running diagnostics and testing the server, and came up with nothing.

This afternoon I set up the corporate sync on a friend's Fascinate, and the contact information was perfect. I think this eliminates the Exchange Server as the problem. Now I'm suspecting the problem lies in the cloud.

I have searched the forums, and I can't find anything about this. My IT provider has also searched around and can''t find anything. I can't be the only one with this problem.

I'm at my wit's end, and hoping that someone here can give me some direction.

Thanks.
    JT

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Android don't know

Same problem

I'm having the same problem. Any answers or ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JTAndrews View Post
    I'm using Corporate Sync to sync my Droid X with my company's Exchange Server- Calendar, Email, & Contacts. It works wonderfully for email, but the information in my contacts is scrambled.

As an example, I have six mobile numbers listed for one contact. One of them is correct. The other five are numbers that belong to other contacts. This same contact has two email addresses- one that is correct one that belongs to a different contact. The contact info is correct in Outlook on my PC. I have no contacts set up in GMail.

I have re-set my phone several times with no change. I have pulled and re-installed teh battery. I have tried re-setting the phone without backups, and I've even re-set the phone without attaching a GMail account. I went to the VZW store, and a rep there allowed me to set up the corporate sync on a new Droid X. The new phone had the same trouble.

Assuming the problem was with my Exchange Server, I took the matter to our IT provider. They spent several hours running diagnostics and testing the server, and came up with nothing.

This afternoon I set up the corporate sync on a friend's Fascinate, and the contact information was perfect. I think this eliminates the Exchange Server as the problem. Now I'm suspecting the problem lies in the cloud.

I have searched the forums, and I can't find anything about this. My IT provider has also searched around and can''t find anything. I can't be the only one with this problem.

I'm at my wit's end, and hoping that someone here can give me some direction.

Thanks.
    JT

Links