DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: QuickBoot

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

QuickBoot

I run Quick boot only for the reboot portion. Back when I had a BB, I used QuickPull which did pretty much the same thing. On the Storm I, where onboard RAM was scarce, a quickpull just reset things. I can't help feeling what I've known for so long... so when my DX gets laggy, usually into the latter half of the day, I'll do a reboot, like a battery pull. So, one...I know it certainly doesn't hurt to perform a reboot, but am I gaining anything from it? It's like restarting windows...

On a second note, it also has recovery and bootloader...I have yet to mess with this/these. I used Droid X bootstrap for those needs.

Thoughts...?

DROiD X2, OTA 2.3.4 (v.602), Rooted - DeBloated
    "God, Family, Country, Navy"

3. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    i do a battery pull whenever my phone freezes up/starts to lag. i mean ur getting a responsive phone from it lol but i dont know of anything ur acutally gaining besides that...
  4. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Yeah...that what I was really trying to say...I know it's gets all that clog back.

5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Ok..I hit the recovery button...it rebooted to the Green guy and an exclamation point. I pulled the battery. Not messing with that function again.

And just hit the bootloader button...and it popped into Clockwork recovery. I just hit reboot the system...seems to be just another one of the many ways to cut the cake.

6. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I dunno. I've never had to do either...all new to me. I know I have backups so I'm not really afraid to venture...

I guess now I know...

8. RS/Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    71 times
    Phone
    S3, G2, M8
    Premium Member
    just know that backups on the DX arent "complete" backups. as in u delete a part of the system that is needed to boot or change something and the bootloader reads it wrong, then a backup isnt going to do anything.

not trying to scare u, but the 2.2 SBF out now is only for /system meaning if u change something anywhere else on ur phones memory then u might be stuck for real.
  9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DROID X
    Quote Originally Posted by the5barrons View Post
    I run Quick boot only for the reboot portion. Back when I had a BB, I used QuickPull which did pretty much the same thing. On the Storm I, where onboard RAM was scarce, a quickpull just reset things. I can't help feeling what I've known for so long... so when my DX gets laggy, usually into the latter half of the day, I'll do a reboot, like a battery pull. So, one...I know it certainly doesn't hurt to perform a reboot, but am I gaining anything from it? It's like restarting windows...

On a second note, it also has recovery and bootloader...I have yet to mess with this/these. I used Droid X bootstrap for those needs.

Thoughts...?
    I personally love the quick boot widget. I have it password protected on the screen so that my kid's cannot hit it when they are playing games. I use it regularly after the kids play some market games, because I get the feeling that the apps didn't close properly and are running when I run TOP.

Links