DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Music App not recognizing MP3s

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus

Music App not recognizing MP3s

I've yet to narrow down the cause of the problem but occasionally I will try to play a MP3 encoded music file on the Music app and it returns an error of "Music player cannot play these types of files."

The file is 128bit 44100hz Mp3. Standard Mp3 file for all intents and purposes, and it happens on multiple MP3 files after this error.

Zimly will not play them either after this error. So it might not even be a Music app problem, but the MP3 lib file.

The solution to fixing the problem is pulling the battery and card. I don't want to have to keep doing this to fix the problem.

The best case scenario that I can come up with is I have it on silent mode when at work, which is where is happened. I might have had the media volume down while playing a game, but as stated previously I can't recreate it with those conditions. Next time is happens I'll try playing an OGG file to see if its all media files or just the MP3.

Anyone have any ideas?

Selex
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Quote Originally Posted by selex View Post
    I've yet to narrow down the cause of the problem but occasionally I will try to play a MP3 encoded music file on the Music app and it returns an error of "Music player cannot play these types of files."

The file is 128bit 44100hz Mp3. Standard Mp3 file for all intents and purposes, and it happens on multiple MP3 files after this error.

Zimly will not play them either after this error. So it might not even be a Music app problem, but the MP3 lib file.

The solution to fixing the problem is pulling the battery and card. I don't want to have to keep doing this to fix the problem.

The best case scenario that I can come up with is I have it on silent mode when at work, which is where is happened. I might have had the media volume down while playing a game, but as stated previously I can't recreate it with those conditions. Next time is happens I'll try playing an OGG file to see if its all media files or just the MP3.

Anyone have any ideas?

Selex
    I also have experienced the same problem, but don't need to pull the battery to fix it. Simply cycling the phone off and on remedies the problem (at least temporarly).
  3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DROIDX
    does this happen while you are charging your phone through a computer?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Galaxy Nexus
    No. I stopped charging the phone using the USB on the computer when I realized that the phone was using more battery compared to what the workstation could charge, so I've been using the wall charger.

Selex
  5. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    chris_chris_WTF
    Phone
    Droid X, Dinc, Fascinate, Eris
    I can guarantee that you can't take a picture or play videos from anywhere (including Youtube) when this happens. And there isn't a fix. It comes with 2.2. This happened on my phone, and it happens on the DROID 2. I had mine replaced after two weeks of trying to fix it. Not even factory reset fixes it. Don't waste your time trying to fix it and just get a replacement.
  6. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    subscribed......
    This isn't really my signature, I just retype it everytime i post.
  7. sda
    Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm having the same issues since my Froyo update. (Usually) a couple of days after reboot, my music app will not be able to access any files on the SD card. Neither will my camera or camcorder. The only solution I have is to power cycle the phone, which is a pain. Anyone have more details on this? Or maybe a better solution...
  8. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    MOTO Droid X
    The Moto DroidX forum is full of complaints about this very issue and it is apparently addressed in a future update. When? ... anyone's guess.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/m.../256095#256095

Links