DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2 Froyo Droid X WiFi issues unresolved?

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here

2.2 Froyo Droid X WiFi issues unresolved?

So I updated to the official 2.2 version of Froyo yesterday and I'm still seeing the wifi connectivity issues that I saw in 2.1. My phone will connect to a network but not show any stream of data to or from the phone.

Does anyone have a solution to this or know if Verizon can or will fix this? I know about the solutions to change the router settings, but I would like to be able to connect to routers without having to mess with the settings.

Any help or direction to other threads where this is solved would be much appreciated, thanks!
  2. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    motorola droid
    I have the Motorola droid and had no problems with wifi for past year. Unfortunately I installed the 2.2 update and now my phone connects to wifi but immediately disconnects. If I unsecure my wireless it works great with no problem but I can not leave it unsecured as it is my business wifi, please help.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx

Wifi Worked. Now Doesn't with 2.2 upgrade on Droid X

Ever since my Droid X updated to 2.2, I cannot get my Wifi to connect to my router. It worked just fine before the update. But now all it says is... Obtaining IP Address, over and over, but just won't connect.

I have ATT Uverse, and the modem and router isn't actually connected to any computer, its in the Box that the TV Receiver is also located in. (If that makes any difference)

It was working just fine until the 2.2 upgrade, and now it won't connect to my Wifi at all. I've turned the phone on/off. Turned the modem on/off, and to no avail.

Anyone have any suggestions?
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid Razr MAXX HD
    I am showing that I am connected w/ my wireless at home, which is secure, but I am not able to transmit any data. I am also on 2.2, and only had 2.1 for 1 day so i am not sure if I got connected to wifi or not on 2.1.
  5. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    this is totally unacceptable - I have *no* consistent wi-fi connection.
    and I can't even choose to reinstall 2.1 until Motorola addresses this issue - WHENEVER THAT WILL BE.

WTF?!?!?!
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Just received the Droid X. I couldn't connect to my router, and saw some postings where folks got it to work after upgrading to Froyo. I was going to upgrade anyway, and a non-working wifi is IMO a forcing function. Did the upgrade and no luck. Same issue, hanging on "obtaining address". Completely unacceptable. This phone will be going back.
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    The only problem I had with 2.1 was connecting through N mode. It would always drop the wifi connection. After the update it appears to hold the connection through N mode. I'm using a DIR-655 router.
  8. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I posted that this happened to me yesterday as well. Was connecting to a Linksys WRT400 router in mixed B/G mode with WPA2, MAC address filtering, and an SSID what was being broadcast. For three weeks the WiFi connection was excellent providing me download speeds between 8-10Mbps and upload of 1Mbps. Almost as good as my wired PC.

Then, yesterday, after updating to 2.2 at work, I got home and WiFi was as you describe here. Alternating connection/disconnection. I COULD actually stay connected IF I did not actually access the network (tried using Google Earth, WeatherBug, and SpeedTest) at which point the issue would occur again until I shut off the offending app.

I am wondering what in the world could have changed such that the phone no longer stays connected. It's quite frustrating because, even though I have unlimited data, my WiFi connection at home is so fast and it drains the battery less than using 3G. If I can't use it at home like this, there's no reason to keep the phone.

I hope Motorola, Verizon, or Android figures this out quickly and patches it.

Kevin

UPDATE: I was sitting here at work and decided to do a hard reset. I've only had the phone for 3 weeks so there's not that much to lose in doing it. The reset apparently worked, was able to restore contacts and stuff but I'm leaving it in this default state to see how it works at home with my WiFi network. Hopefully there's a change for the better.
    Last edited by kevinkar; 09-24-2010 at 10:36 AM.
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Wifi and apps

I haven't finished the troubleshooting more exactly, but my early tests suggest that there is an app (or apps) which are responsible for this issue on my phone. I get the problem more frequently when there are multiple wifi signals than when there is one strong one. Recommend killing a few apps to see if the issue resolves.
  10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Droid X
    I started removing apps one by one but still did not get a good connection at all. That's what prompted me to do the hard reset. Figured if it was indeed an app that was bad, it made sense to start at a default and go from there.

So far, the reset has helped the keyboard issues I saw but I have not gotten home to try WiFi yet. It it still doesn't work, I'll probably consider dumping the phone because, without the WiFi at home, it's not worth using.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Kevin
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Links