DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you get stuck with the M, go to Verizon Store

1. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @crayzeejoe
    Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3

If you get stuck with the M, go to Verizon Store

Last night when I got the 2.2 update on my X, I got stuck with the M during reboot. I took the battery out for a while as I cleared my SD Card of the previous update.zip file, thinking that was the problem. Today durind the day I somehow got stuck with the M again without even rebooting the phone.

I just got off the phone with a tech at Verizon Wireless and he told me that this was an issue with this update and that I need to take the phone into a Verizon Wireless store so they can Flash 2.1 back to it (this version of 2.1 has "pieces" of 2.2 in it to prevent this issue) then pull the 2.2 back down. He said there is also a patch coming out in a week or two to fix this and other issues.
    Droid Owner, Christ Follower,

Crayzee Joe

"When your song go off, I feel I need to take a drug test!" - My Radio On Drugs by Thi'sl
  2. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Razr Maxx
    were you previously rooted?
  3. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    If you get Verizon to flash your phone back to 2.1 PLEASE do the Android community a big favor and do not try the 2.2 update again until you talk with Birdman or another Android developer. If true this flash from Verizon might hold key files the developers are looking for. PM me or a moderator and we can hook you up with the right people. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

Android has the best developers!
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    OG DROID 1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post
    If you get Verizon to flash your phone back to 2.1 PLEASE do the Android community a big favor and do not try the 2.2 update again until you talk with Birdman or another Android developer. If true this flash from Verizon might hold key files the developers are looking for. PM me or a moderator and we can hook you up with the right people. Thanks in advance!

Why does this post remind me of Lord of The Rings character Frodo Baggins on a Quest for the good of the world? lol
    ~ ChevyNo1 - Simply Stunning 4.8 Stock Blue Theme / ChevyNo1 - ULV 1.25GHz Kernal
    ~ OG Moto Droid 1 / Seidio Extended 2800Mah
    ~ ADW / SetCPU / Dolphin HD / Battery Left / Clockwork
    ~ Go Fast - 2005 Pontiac GTO Blk on Blk
  5. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    @crayzeejoe
    Phone
    Sprint Galaxy S3
    Well, that was a wasted trip. The guy at the Verizon store had no clue was the Tech was talking about. I even called another Verizon store and they said that there was no flash back to 2.1. So, now they are going to send me another X.

Problem is that I have read that many people are having this issue so I wonder if my new one is gonna have the same problem. Some people may not even know they have this issue until they have to reboot the phone and get stuck on M.

I was gonna use RSD Lite to flash back to 2.1 but I heard if you do that with the official version that it will brick the phone.

Wonder how long it will take them to come up with a fix for this.
    Droid Owner, Christ Follower,

Crayzee Joe

"When your song go off, I feel I need to take a drug test!" - My Radio On Drugs by Thi'sl
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    DX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrightperspective View Post

I was gonna use RSD Lite to flash back to 2.1 but I heard if you do that with the official version that it will brick the phone.
    Well, as soon as I seen the OTA 2.2 update was out I took my leaked version back down to the stock 2.1 with rsd lite. Then from this point soon as it loaded I checked for updates and it got the new 2.2 update and then I rooted it with the droid 2 method.

So if you think it will brick that's not true at least not in my case.
    Last edited by stafford1787; 09-22-2010 at 11:08 PM.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    Quote Originally Posted by stafford1787 View Post

Well, as soon as I seen the OTA 2.2 update was out I took my leaked version back down to the stock 2.1 with rsd lite. Then from this point soon as it loaded I checked for updates and it got the new 2.2 update and then I rooted it with the droid 2 method.

So if you think it will brick that's not true at least not in my case.
    Once you OTA you can not use the 2.1sbf or you will brick. So in the OP's case yes he will brick his phone.

There is a solution now for those who have not tried the 2.1 sbf after the OTA from Team Black Hat.

TBH announces Froyo System SBF and RSDLite 4.8
    Last edited by FSRBIKER; 09-23-2010 at 04:59 AM.
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X; Xoom
    Well, that was a wasted trip. The guy at the Verizon store had no clue was the Tech was talking about. I even called another Verizon store and they said that there was no flash back to 2.1. So, now they are going to send me another X.

Problem is that I have read that many people are having this issue so I wonder if my new one is gonna have the same problem. Some people may not even know they have this issue until they have to reboot the phone and get stuck on M.

Wonder how long it will take them to come up with a fix for this.

Had no problems updating my stock Droid X.... 2.2 is great!
    Kenny A. Chaffin
    Art Gallery - Photo Gallery- Print Gallery - Poetry
    "Strive on with Awareness" - Siddhartha Gautama
  9. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    Quote Originally Posted by mtz_gto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSRBIKER View Post

Why does this post remind me of Lord of The Rings character Frodo Baggins on a Quest for the good of the world? lol
    Why is it that people need to make dumb comments, if you can't help or have any clue on what I am referring to then do a little more research. Glad you got another chance to up your post count though.
    Last edited by hookbill; 09-23-2010 at 05:14 AM.
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

10. Master Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    RoboDROID
    Kenny have you rebooted since you have been running 2.2, some people don't have a problem until they do.
    RubiX Beta by Drod2169
    Yes it's Fast!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links