DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

Thread: Many, many problems.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Many, many problems.

• Loud static from headphones while listening to media, I use Jawbreakers from the Verizon Wireless store, the earbud with the microphone usually stops working, and I can find a height/orientation in which to position the phone as to keep turning on and off the earbud
    • Random pauses/resumes/skips while listening to music, with many different music players and usually when the headphone cable is in motion, or the top end of the jack is touched -picture-, and also usually happens in "sprees", making slideshows out of my movies and skipping all over my music library picture

• Random calls to most recently called contact, or initiating of voice commands, also usually keeps bringing it up after closing
    • Screen turns on without prompt, restarted once in my pocket, at 80-90% battery

I'm sure there are other things, but this is all I can think of for now. I will add to this later, can anyone help before I email Verizon for a replacement? The
    Last edited by Hobn; 09-08-2010 at 08:34 PM.
  2. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobn View Post
    • Loud static from headphones while listening to media
    • Random pauses/resumes/skips while listening to music, with many different music players and usually when the headphone cable is in motion, or the top end of the jack is touched: picture

• Random calls to most recently called contact, or initiating of voice commands
    • Screen turns on without prompt, restarted once in my pocket, at 80-90% battery
    I'm sure there are other things, but this is all I can think of for now. I will add to this later, can anyone help before I email Verizon for a replacement?
    Have ya tried different earphones for the static?
    Are you using a task killer and possibly have the music player set to "auto-kill"?
    Do you use a screen lock for when the phone is in your pocket?
    Restarts have been reported - if they are persistent, I would consider a factory reset (restore to factory settings).
    If these don't solve your issues - I would contact VZW tech support - troubleshoot with them and possibly request a replacement device...
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

3. Droid Sensei
    Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    Phone
    Galaxy Note 2
    STG has it. Contact Verizon. None of those should be an issue on any phone.
    Baton Rouge, LA
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    • Random pauses/resumes/skips while listening to music, with many different music players and usually when the headphone cable is in motion, or the top end of the jack is touched: picture

I'm sure there are other things, but this is all I can think of for now. I will add to this later, can anyone help before I email Verizon for a replacement?
    Are you using a task killer and possibly have the music player set to "auto-kill"?
    Restarts have been reported - if they are persistent, I would consider a factory reset (restore to factory settings).
    If these don't solve your issues - I would contact VZW tech support - troubleshoot with them and possibly request a replacement device...
    I use a pattern screen lock, no task killers, the apps remain opened, and I have tried battery pulls and a factory reset, although the reset was before this all happened.
  5. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post

I use a pattern screen lock, no task killers, the apps remain opened, and I have tried battery pulls and a factory reset, although the reset was before this all happened.
    I'd troubleshoot with VZW tech support and request a replacement - not normal operation for the X...

6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Should I go to a store or go onto their website?
  7. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    680 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Premium Member
    I'd call into the VZW number - call from a phone other than your X so that they can do the troubleshoot...

Links