DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of my Droid X restarting randomly.

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Phone
    Droid

I'm tired of my Droid X restarting randomly.

I don't know if this is an isolated incident or not, but it seems like at least once a day, my phone restarts by itself.

I'll know because either I'll see it while its happening, or I'll hear "Verizon Wireless" when it picks up the service again.

And its frustrating because I know at least once, it restarted right before my alarm was to wake me up to go back to work, and I almost didn't wake up but I heard the "Verizon Wireless" voice.

Anybody else's droid x do the same?

3. Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    677 times
    Twitter
    @smalltownlife13
    Phone
    Note2, Maxx HD, S3, Nexus
    Premium Member
    I would possibly consider a factory reset to see if assists with the randome restarts.

As for the VZW voice - that is the network lost tone or roaming tone...you can uncheck these in the phone settings - sound...

Good luck..if the problem persists and it troublesome to you, contact VZW support for a possible replacement phone.
    **Be yourself - Everyone else is already taken**

4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    my droid x also does this and it also loses 3g signal like 5 times a day and random freezing.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I noticed my Droid X doing the same thing. I have been watching my battery and notice it had to have restarted. I then saw it restart just sitting on the arm on my chair. That was twice in just a few hours.
    I did a reset and have been 32 hours with no indecent. I will start adding programs one by one and keep an eye on it. Not sure if there was a program causing the program or not, time will tell. Had my phone since launch and this is the first sign of any problem.
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

X resetting

This is a software issue. Most likely, from an app you downloaded. TheFlash and Smalltowngirl13 have the right idea. Factory reset, and slowly add your apps. These are computers, with a ton of third party software, restarts and freezes should be more common than they are.
    There will be a time in the future when we joke: "Man, do you remember when we couldn't watch flash on our "
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    Phone
    Droid Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adamspooner View Post
    This is a software issue. Most likely, from an app you downloaded. TheFlash and Smalltowngirl13 have the right idea. Factory reset, and slowly add your apps. These are computers, with a ton of third party software, restarts and freezes should be more common than they are.
    I agree with the first part of your statement, I disagree with the second part. Droid is not a computer, and it isn't suppose to restart like this.

Factory Data Reset like the others suggested should fix it.
    Please be respectful. Respect is #1 here at DF Please read our Guidelines of Conduct
  8. Developer Relations
    Member #
    Liked
    361 times
    Twitter
    DroidForums
    Phone
    [MDK] S4
    Premium Member
    I don't think freezes and restarts are a part of the everyday mobile experience either...the only time I have experienced this kind of activity from my droid is when I made software modifications that caused errors in the system i.e. kernel change or a ROM that was uncompatable with my device

If this is truly random and a reset does'nt fix it (and it is stock) I would take it to VZW

9. Master Droid
    Member #
    My Incredible was doing this and the Froyo update seems to have fixed it. However, a lot of people were complaining of this, and relatively few talk about it with the X (never has happened on my X, although it has other issues with being able to hold onto a 3G signal). I would see about getting a replacement from Verizon (but they may have you do a factory reset and run as stock for a few days, so I would back up all your apps either with Appbrain or Astro first).

Alan
  10. fabricred
    i had the same problem with mine after a month. i got mine to work like new again after i did a few things.
    i haven't rooted my phone or installed any custom roms its plain Jain. the facebook app was part of the problem its updated several times while the x has been out and i noticed in the settings for the phone accounts it had made 2 facebook accounts within it. so i uninstall-ed it rebooted my phone and installed it back. it helped speed my phone a little bit, but the random restarts still happened. i did some research to see if any apps i had installed were casing this but with no luck. i finally came across this article in the droid forums that talked about task killers and how you dont need them so like the article said i removed the taskkiller the one i was using was the "advanced task killer form rechild" rebooted my phone and let it do its thing and so far so good i havent had a random restart yet and its been about a week and a half since

the link to the article about task killers is here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...evelopers.html

hope this helps, good luck
  11. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    HTC REZOUND
    I have had this also happen and twice I had to pull the battery to restart it, I hope the update helps
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links