DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Droid X will not charge

1. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Droid X will not charge

So my droid x won't charge anymore when plugged into a droid charger? It knows its plugged into a charger but won't charge. If I take my ipad charger and use that then I see the lightning bolt and it works. This is happening on both my normal wall charger and my desk dock. The car dock works but that also is not using a droid plug but another one. Any idea? Do you think the battery got messed up somehow?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. Master Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Phone
    Droid
    Take it to verizon store and see what they say, and im sure they will switch it out for you
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I have the same issue. It's very intermittent. My wife and I both have Droid X and her's never shows this problem. I'll plug my droid into the wall charger While the charger is already plugged in and the screen lights back up however does not indicate that it's taking a charge. I have noticed once I unplug the wall charger and plug it back into the wall the phone says it's charging and shows the lightning bolt.
  4. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    The un-plug re-plug trick only worked so long for me. Now nothing Droid will charge my phone. My wife has a Droid and her charger will not work for me either. Very strange that any other charger will work just fine? I'll call Verizon but really don't know what they can do but send me a new Droid X. Even if they send me a new charger I know it won't help Maybe a new battery? I'd hate to have to transfer all my apps to a new Droid X. Kind of a pain.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnold View Post
    The un-plug re-plug trick only worked so long for me. Now nothing Droid will charge my phone. My wife has a Droid and her charger will not work for me either. Very strange that any other charger will work just fine? I'll call Verizon but really don't know what they can do but send me a new Droid X. Even if they send me a new charger I know it won't help Maybe a new battery? I'd hate to have to transfer all my apps to a new Droid X. Kind of a pain.
    Please update with whatever Verizon does for a fix. I am also concered that I'll just have to deal with setting up another Droid X.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Right now I have been just using other wall outlet to usb adapters that seem to work. It's not just the Droid ones either that don't seem to work. I had one from another phone that I tried and the same thing happened. It showed the USB icon in the task bar and turned the phone on and off but no bolt. For some reason the only ones that are working off the wall outlet are the ones for my iPhone? Talk about a strange one right?
  7. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnold View Post
    Right now I have been just using other wall outlet to usb adapters that seem to work. It's not just the Droid ones either that don't seem to work. I had one from another phone that I tried and the same thing happened. It showed the USB icon in the task bar and turned the phone on and off but no bolt. For some reason the only ones that are working off the wall outlet are the ones for my iPhone? Talk about a strange one right?
    It's scary how similar our problem is I'm using my old BB storm chargers lol
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Are you also seeing the USB icon up in your task bar for no reason as well? I have wifi off and it's not plugged in though the icon is showing.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I have noticed since I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer my problem has been greatly reduced. Now it's only been one day since I unistalled ATK so I might be just getting lucky since this is an intermittent problem for me but, so far I haven't had an issue since.
    BTW- No I do not have the USB icon up.
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinyl66 View Post
    I have noticed since I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer my problem has been greatly reduced. Now it's only been one day since I unistalled ATK so I might be just getting lucky since this is an intermittent problem for me but, so far I haven't had an issue since.
    BTW- No I do not have the USB icon up.
    No change on my end
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links