DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Overheating, CPU/memory shortage, signals lost...

1. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Overheating, CPU/memory shortage, signals lost...

So my Droid X has been getting pretty hot lately. 45C during the hot days, normally 30 something on cold days or when I take it fresh out of my pocket. I've also got 2 signal losts today, maybe that was just because I was awake on my weekly roadtrip. I also have my memory float around 50MB, and start at 130MB. On top of that, the phone freezes momentarily sometimes when I launch certain apps or open up my app list. Is this normal?

3. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobn View Post
    So my Droid X has been getting pretty hot lately. 45C during the hot days, normally 30 something on cold days or when I take it fresh out of my pocket. I've also got 2 signal losts today, maybe that was just because I was awake on my weekly roadtrip. I also have my memory float around 50MB, and start at 130MB. On top of that, the phone freezes momentarily sometimes when I launch certain apps or open up my app list. Is this normal?
    How often do you turn it off? Also, are you running any kind of task killer?
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I only turn it off when I'm sleeping, so it's off about 8 hours a day. Also, I used to use task killers but I stopped. I still occasionally use it like one would use a Windows task killer. Not very much though. The temperature was maybe 90-100F.
  5. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    I only turn it off when I'm sleeping, so it's off about 8 hours a day. Also, I used to use task killers but I stopped. I still occasionally use it like one would use a Windows task killer. Not very much though. The temperature was maybe 90-100F.
    When you say "occasionally" do you mean that you reinstall it, or that you don't open it? I'm also assuming by the number of posts (could be wrong) that you're not rooted..? Also, what apps have you installed? Widgets?

If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
  6. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    When you say "occasionally" do you mean that you reinstall it, or that you don't open it? I'm also assuming by the number of posts (could be wrong) that you're not rooted..? Also, what apps have you installed? Widgets?
    I mean I don't open it much, or use it, I don't keep reinstalling the app. And no, I am not rooted. I have too many apps to list, but I think it would be considered below average. Widgets, I use a live Nexus wallpaper, Audiomanager, and one that monitors my CPU, battery, and memory. Also, I forgot to mention that the battery life has decreased for me as well.
  7. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Snyderman34
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    I'd venture to say maybe the CPU widget might be draining your battery. Possibly the live wallpaper too
  8. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJester34 View Post
    I'd venture to say maybe the CPU widget might be draining your battery. Possibly the live wallpaper too
    +1 for the CPU widget. It may not be the live wallpaper though because they don't bog the memory down on an X as bad as the Droid1 due to the processor difference. I'd probably take a note of the apps you have and would like to keep and doing a factory reset and installing the apps one by one to see if it is an application problem or a phone problem. Are WiFi, Bluetooth, or GPS on when not in use by chance?

9. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    +1 for the CPU widget. It may not be the live wallpaper though because they don't bog the memory down on an X as bad as the Droid1 due to the processor difference. I'd probably take a note of the apps you have and would like to keep and doing a factory reset and installing the apps one by one to see if it is an application problem or a phone problem. Are WiFi, Bluetooth, or GPS on when not in use by chance?
    I have already done a factory reset in the past because it was running pretty slow. And I have GPS, Bluetooth, and Wifi turned off.
  10. What iDoesn't
    Member #
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    Premium Member
    I have already done a factory reset in the past because it was running pretty slow. And I have GPS, Bluetooth, and Wifi turned off.
    Try it again. And install each app one by one and see if anything changes. You could also try Antivirus just to let it scan the phone too. If neither of those work, its most likely your phone..

11. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have the antivirus with the pill. I don't think it'll be worth it resetting again as I will simply end up clogging the phone with apps again, but the phone signal lost is bothering me, it happens periodically.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links