DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Overheating, CPU/memory shortage, signals lost...

  1. Senior Droid
    Hobn's Avatar
    Member #
    110436
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid X
    #1

    Overheating, CPU/memory shortage, signals lost...

    So my Droid X has been getting pretty hot lately. 45C during the hot days, normally 30 something on cold days or when I take it fresh out of my pocket. I've also got 2 signal losts today, maybe that was just because I was awake on my weekly roadtrip. I also have my memory float around 50MB, and start at 130MB. On top of that, the phone freezes momentarily sometimes when I launch certain apps or open up my app list. Is this normal?
  2.  
     
     
     
  3. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobn View Post
    So my Droid X has been getting pretty hot lately. 45C during the hot days, normally 30 something on cold days or when I take it fresh out of my pocket. I've also got 2 signal losts today, maybe that was just because I was awake on my weekly roadtrip. I also have my memory float around 50MB, and start at 130MB. On top of that, the phone freezes momentarily sometimes when I launch certain apps or open up my app list. Is this normal?
    How often do you turn it off? Also, are you running any kind of task killer?
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  4. Senior Droid
    Hobn's Avatar
    Member #
    110436
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid X
    #3
    I only turn it off when I'm sleeping, so it's off about 8 hours a day. Also, I used to use task killers but I stopped. I still occasionally use it like one would use a Windows task killer. Not very much though. The temperature was maybe 90-100F.
  5. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobn View Post
    I only turn it off when I'm sleeping, so it's off about 8 hours a day. Also, I used to use task killers but I stopped. I still occasionally use it like one would use a Windows task killer. Not very much though. The temperature was maybe 90-100F.
    When you say "occasionally" do you mean that you reinstall it, or that you don't open it? I'm also assuming by the number of posts (could be wrong) that you're not rooted..? Also, what apps have you installed? Widgets?
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  6. Senior Droid
    Hobn's Avatar
    Member #
    110436
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid X
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobn View Post
    I only turn it off when I'm sleeping, so it's off about 8 hours a day. Also, I used to use task killers but I stopped. I still occasionally use it like one would use a Windows task killer. Not very much though. The temperature was maybe 90-100F.
    When you say "occasionally" do you mean that you reinstall it, or that you don't open it? I'm also assuming by the number of posts (could be wrong) that you're not rooted..? Also, what apps have you installed? Widgets?
    I mean I don't open it much, or use it, I don't keep reinstalling the app. And no, I am not rooted. I have too many apps to list, but I think it would be considered below average. Widgets, I use a live Nexus wallpaper, Audiomanager, and one that monitors my CPU, battery, and memory. Also, I forgot to mention that the battery life has decreased for me as well.
  7. Senior Droid
    TheJester34's Avatar
    Member #
    93764
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Dunlap, TN
    Posts
    185
    Liked
    1 times
    Twitter
    Snyderman34
    Phone
    Galaxy S4
    #6
    I'd venture to say maybe the CPU widget might be draining your battery. Possibly the live wallpaper too
  8. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJester34 View Post
    I'd venture to say maybe the CPU widget might be draining your battery. Possibly the live wallpaper too
    +1 for the CPU widget. It may not be the live wallpaper though because they don't bog the memory down on an X as bad as the Droid1 due to the processor difference. I'd probably take a note of the apps you have and would like to keep and doing a factory reset and installing the apps one by one to see if it is an application problem or a phone problem. Are WiFi, Bluetooth, or GPS on when not in use by chance?
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  9. Senior Droid
    Hobn's Avatar
    Member #
    110436
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid X
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJester34 View Post
    I'd venture to say maybe the CPU widget might be draining your battery. Possibly the live wallpaper too
    +1 for the CPU widget. It may not be the live wallpaper though because they don't bog the memory down on an X as bad as the Droid1 due to the processor difference. I'd probably take a note of the apps you have and would like to keep and doing a factory reset and installing the apps one by one to see if it is an application problem or a phone problem. Are WiFi, Bluetooth, or GPS on when not in use by chance?
    I have already done a factory reset in the past because it was running pretty slow. And I have GPS, Bluetooth, and Wifi turned off.
  10. What iDoesn't
    Droid DOES!!'s Avatar
    Member #
    77093
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6,335
    Liked
    47 times
    Phone
    Rezound and Bionic
    DroidForums.net Theme Developer
    Premium Member
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Droid DOES!! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJester34 View Post
    I'd venture to say maybe the CPU widget might be draining your battery. Possibly the live wallpaper too
    +1 for the CPU widget. It may not be the live wallpaper though because they don't bog the memory down on an X as bad as the Droid1 due to the processor difference. I'd probably take a note of the apps you have and would like to keep and doing a factory reset and installing the apps one by one to see if it is an application problem or a phone problem. Are WiFi, Bluetooth, or GPS on when not in use by chance?
    I have already done a factory reset in the past because it was running pretty slow. And I have GPS, Bluetooth, and Wifi turned off.
    Try it again. And install each app one by one and see if anything changes. You could also try Antivirus just to let it scan the phone too. If neither of those work, its most likely your phone..
    "If you think you know everything, you can't learn anything." -Robert Morris

    If you like my work or I have helped you out and you would like to help me keep the lights on, it is greatly appreciated!!
    http://bit.ly/ro3alQ
  11. Senior Droid
    Hobn's Avatar
    Member #
    110436
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    164
    Phone
    Droid X
    #10
    I have the antivirus with the pill. I don't think it'll be worth it resetting again as I will simply end up clogging the phone with apps again, but the phone signal lost is bothering me, it happens periodically.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Sending signals over USB
    By Tehjojo in forum Android App Developers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 10:02 PM
  2. Apple Blames Att&T for Crappy Signals
    By sphen22 in forum Non-Android Smart Phones
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 07:33 PM
  3. Droid Incredible confirmed to be suffering from AMOLED shortage
    By Mule65 in forum HTC Droid Incredible
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2010, 08:58 PM
  4. Phone detecting random headphone signals
    By Stormwing in forum Android Tech Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 10:52 AM
  5. Google Voice - Misrouted Voicemail? Fast busy signals?
    By droid100 in forum Android General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-22-2010, 10:57 AM

Search tags for this page

android app to prevent overheating
,
android app to stop overheating
,
android cpu overheating
,
android overheat cpu
,
app to stop android from overheatin
,
cpu full because of shortage of ram
,
droid app to prevent overheating
,
droid memory shortage
,

droid x overheat

,

droid x overheating

,
droid x2 overheating
,
how to keep droid x from overheating
,
overheating droid x
,
what does it mean if your phone overheats
,
why does my phone keep overheating
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Find us on Google+