I just got the Droid X this past Wednesday, and so far I like it. However, I have encountered the following recurring issues:
- Google Maps Navigation forces closes sporadically during navigation.
- Google Maps Navigation occasionally makes black squares appear over the screen when attempting to load a StreetView picture of the destination.
- Google Voice Search intermittently will display a spinner in the center of the screen and immediately stop responding after requested via the microphone key on the keyboard.
- Using the volume key on the side of the unit after having played music causes the unit to adjust both the ringer volume and media volume simultaneously, with both volume overlays alternating back and forth in the same part of the screen.
- After a reboot, system forgets about a notification ringtone stored in MP3 format on the SD card and switches back to standard "Droid" notification ringtone. However, the "Notification Ringtone" setting still indicates that the custom one is being used when examined.
- Rotating the screen while entering text causes text to be lost. In addition, after rotating the screen in certain applications (Toggl, for example), pressing the keys on the on-screen keyboard does not enter text. The only fix is to return to the Home screen, go back to the app, and try to enter the text again without rotating.
- Occasionally, returning to the home screen causes only the wallpaper to be displayed, without any icons.
- Slacker Radio loses track of "Recently Played" songs and no longer plays tracks from any station. The only fix is to go under "Settings", press "Reset account", and then log-in again.
I have read threads about some of the issues I've mentioned, so I'm hoping I'm not alone here. My understanding is that the next version of the Android OS (Froyo 2?) is being rolled out and might fix some of these issues -- is that correct?
Here's what my phone says right now:
System version: 1.13.604.MB810.Verizon.en.US
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Baseband version: BP_C_01.09.04P
Kernel version: 2.6.29 w30471@il93Inxdroid08 #1