DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deleted Gmail Account & Can't Add it Back

1. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    Yes, this IS very frustrating. The battery pull did not fix the problem. According to all of the manuals and forums, you are SUPPOSE to be able to set up more than one gmail or google apps mail account on your Droid. But I can only set up one gmail account. I cannot set up my other gmail account OR my google apps mail account without getting the error message, "can't establish a reliable connection to server"

I have tried everything and have searched every forum. I am hoping that the upgrade to 2.2 will fix the problem. For now, I have all my emails forwarded to the one Gmail account that will download to my Droid. But that is a real pain since I don't want the emails mixed.
  2. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    I am not sure if this helps or not but I am on the leaked version of 2.2 and I have my main gmail account and my gmail from school on there and it works just fine.
  3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    Ok.. that sounds promising...

Did you set up your school google account (I am guessing it is a Google Apps Account?) by going to Add Accounts and then choosing Google? And if so, did you sign in with your whole email address with the domain as your username? Again, I am guessing that you would have to do that if it is a Google Apps account, because it will have a different domain than @gmail.com.
  4. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Yes it is a google apps account and yes went to add accounts and chose google. Then for log in put the email address in full with proper domain for school instead of@ gmail. And when I launch the gmail app I can click on the address in the top right and choose which one I want to see the inbox or. Same for when I am sending an email.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    Ok, thanks.. It helps me to know that I am trying to set it up correctly. I guess I'll have to watch for the froyo update. I'm a little afraid to try and root the phone on my own. I can't afford another one if I destroy it. HA.
  6. Rescue Squad
    Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    Phone
    Nexus 5
    Premium Member
    Yeah I can understand that it took me a little while to decide to do it but been happy with it since I did. And it was actually very easy just pushing a button and switching on bluetooth to get it rooted. Then followed instructions on the froyo upgrade.
  7. Master Droid
    Member #
    Twitter
    kdkinc
    Phone
    DroidX, Galaxy Nexus
    Have you thought about a "cache wipe" in "recovery mode" ???? (not a data wipe)
  8. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Here

Same problemo

I made some purchases on my original Droid on a different google account. Now I have the Driod X. I initiated the Droid X with a diffirent google account as that is now my main google account. When trying to download my old paid aps, no can do. After further research I found that I have to add my old google account to the phone. Apparently you are supposed to be able to add additional google accounts, say right on the phone. But I get the error message, can't establish a reliable data connect to the server. Nothing more.

This seems to be the problem everyone is having. The suggestion is to completely reboot the Driod X as in erase everything and start over?

If anyone has tried this and worked can you tell me if you can sync back to all of your contacts in the google account. And if so can you select which google account to sync to. I also wonder if the issue could be related to googlesync???

This seems to be a MAJOR pain in the beehind. Unless someone has a better work around.
    Last edited by jaralan; 09-23-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links