DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3 icon tray not disappearing!

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x

3 icon tray not disappearing!

You know the 3 icons on the X: phone/menu/contacts that usually disappears when you start scrolling home screens? Well that was working for me- but now it has suddenly stopped. I didn't install any malicious app and I tried restarting. Anyone have the same problem or a solution? I would appreciate it. Thanks!

3. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    I had no luck in getting that to go back to the "stock" way. I ended up going with launcherpro and just ignoring it
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I have also just noticed that problem within the last two days. Anyone know why this is happening? I like the stock home screens and do not want to run Launcher Pro or ADW.
  5. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    Factory reset solves it. Still don't know what caused it.
  6. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Ok I've also have this problem. Didn't even notice it until I had my X by my buddies. So after reading this thread I did a factory reset, cleaned my SD card and it fixed the problem. Well then after reinstalling all my apps everything seems to be going fine.

Later that night after driving home I went to turn on the alarm and noticed it was locked up again. This was right after installing the last minute app I forgot. Well wouldn't you know it was locked again and not dropping when I scrolled to different screens.

So this morning I went through the hassle of do another factory reset. Again fixing the problem. Installed the suspected app and it was still working fine. Drive back to my buddies to find that it was locked up yet again.

Both times this has happened it been after being in the car dock. Any thoughts...
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    OK so it wasn't the dock.. Happened today again but this time after pulling the battery and Sd card and putting it back together it was working again.. Humm..
  8. Senior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    moto droid and DX
    sounds like something in the OS (laucher more) is freaking out. why not try laucher pro or ADW?
  9. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    DroidX
    Yeah I purchased launcher pro plus but having already gotten use to the widgets that come stock on the x, L pro just doesn't do it for me right now. And the contact pictures don't work with the
    program. But I'm sure they will get it fixed at some point.
  10. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm having similar issues. The 3 icons don't disappear AND on occasion the 2 in the corners (phone and Contacts) are unresponsive when I click on them.

If I kill all running processes or turn off the phone, the unresponsive icons work again, but I still get the icons not hiding.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid Razr Maxx
    I am also having this problem. I've had it almost since day one of getting my droid x. I've tried factory rebooting and everything works fine until I start downloading apps. I thought I had it figured out and that advanced task killer was the app causing the problem so I didnt redownload that app after a factory reboot and my phone was working good so I thought I fixed it but then the tray problem happened again after just turning my phone off and back on one day. Then I decided that anytime I downloaded apps that eventually this problem would happen.

So finally I put it in safe mode because I read that if you put your phone in safe mode and the problem isnt existant then you know its a 3rd party app causing the problem. (put the phone in safe mode by turning off the phone then turning it back on while holding the menu button down the entire time the phone reboots). In safe mode my problem was fixed. So I deleted newly downloaded apps and restarted the phone and the problem was fixed. Well now today I downloaded some new apps and it happened today. Put it in safe mode and the phone was fine. Deleted the apps and restarted the phone exactly like I did yesterday and the problem did not fix itself this time. So now I have no idea whats wrong. I really do think that its an os problem and hopefully it will be addressed and fixed in froyo. Not happy about this. If anyone has any other suggestions let me know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links