I'm new to the Droid X and Android. I've noticed intermitent behavior with texting. My contacts download via Touchdown from corporate server. They were initially formated with country code and area code in parentheses as Outlook is how I enter them (this is an Outlook standard). Those messages would not send and generate error "Cause code: Addr.Vcnt., 0"
old format: +1(555)555-5555
Well, I removed all of the parenthesis and country codes from the number format, and now get some messages through, but some of the replies will start sticking the country code back on the address and then those error out with the same message
example: 555-555-5555 works, but without my intervention subsequent replies to the same thread will have +1-555-555-5555 and then error out with the same error code.
This seems like a huge bug in properly parsing phone numbers from standard formats, not to mention adding the country code mid way through the message thread.
Also, I just moved from a Blackberry and never experienced this type of a problem with SMS.