DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phone will not ring on incoming calls, only vibrates:

1. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Phone will not ring on incoming calls, only vibrates:

My Droid X will not ring upon [COLOR=#812528 ! important][COLOR=#812528 ! important]incoming [COLOR=#812528 ! important]calls[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    , it resorts to vibrating everytime. My ringtone used to work and play loud, but now all it does is resort to a default vibration.

I have uninstalled all apps, rebooted in safe mode. I've done a factory reset after spending an hour on the phone with 2 VZW reps, and this problem has returned.

Sound and Display information:

Silent Mode: Box is Grayed out (off)
    Ringer Volume: Slider is all the way to the right (see NOTE*)
    [COLOR=#812528 ! important][COLOR=#812528 ! important]Phone [COLOR=#812528 ! important] [/COLOR][COLOR=#812528 ! important]Ringtone[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] is set to the default Droid X ringtone (which worked initially after turning my phone on the first time)
    Phone Vibrate box is Grayed out (off)
    Both Smart Sensor Settings at the bottom are grayed out (off)

NOTE* When going into Sound and Display Settings and moving the Ringer Volume slidebar, the ringtone plays LOUD and as it should. Also noted is that I'm not an idiot, the sound is turned all the way up with the volume rocker on the side.

Another note is that incoming [COLOR=#812528 ! important][COLOR=#812528 ! important]text [COLOR=#812528 ! important]messages[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] work as they should, with the ringtone going off (DRRROOOOOIIIDDD).

List of previously installed Apps:
    Dolphin HD Browser
    Kindle for Android
    Scorecenter
    Braves News
    Pandora
    Tapatalk
    Adobe PDF Viewer
    Google Earth
    Google Stars (point at sky to see constellations, can't remember exact name)
    The Weather Channel
    Facebook for Android
    Barcode Scanner
    Engadget

If any other information is needed, just ask (through a PM preferentially). Thanks.

3. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Advance Task Manger, put it to ignore "People," just kinda figuring you forgot to put advanced task manager on your list, if you don't have it, I don't know.
    Last edited by Freedoom; 07-19-2010 at 03:14 PM.
  4. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I'm in the same boat as neddo. My situation started after I invoked the "Smart Profile:Face Down" feature. Phone rang like it should, I put it face down, it switched to vibrate and now I can't get the phone to switch to non-vibrate mode no matter what I do. I have called Motorola twice and they have never returned my calls. I'll try again tomorrow. :-(
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X

Face Down Problem

My phone had the same issue today. It worked fine until I tried that face down thing when it rang. I was on the phone with Tech Support over an hour and did a factory reset. I then had to start all over again customizing it and downloading apps. The Verizon people said she did not know anything about this but if it happened to a few people, they would see if it was a software bug. Looks like it is! Don't enable this feature in your settings!
  6. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    droid x
    I spent about 30 minutes with Verizon; no luck. Did not do a factory reset as I see that the problem returned for neddo. I will wait for the new update to be pushed to my phone and then will see what the result is and report back. I love the phone but I need it to ring. How they could miss this in testing is beyond me. I wonder what else is lurking? Unfortunately I will return it if that doesn't work.
  7. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkevinmcg View Post
    I spent about 30 minutes with Verizon; no luck. Did not do a factory reset as I see that the problem returned for neddo. I will wait for the new update to be pushed to my phone and then will see what the result is and report back. I love the phone but I need it to ring. How they could miss this in testing is beyond me. I wonder what else is lurking? Unfortunately I will return it if that doesn't work.
    Please refrain from cross posting...
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

8. Premium Member
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Phone
    Samsung S4
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedoom View Post
    Advance Task Manger, put it to ignore "People," just kinda figuring you forgot to put advanced task manager on your list, if you don't have it, I don't know.
    Actually, Just remove Advanced Task Killer as it's not needed.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.

Only the Skilled Survive

A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.

Drill Sergeant Frick's Rules For Un-armed Combat.
    1. Never be unarmed.
    2. See Rule #1

USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

9. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I was in the same boat. i have done the factory reset and been about 20ish hours since and i still have ringtones, but when i did put it back to the face down silence it happened numerous times. so i just have not turned that feature on, besides that a factory reset worked for me. and i am waiting to install the new update a little bit.
  10. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    Yeah, since my second factory reset I have refrained from adding the smart sensor settings and that has seemed to be the magical answer.

All in all, don't use the smart sensor settings! I'm sure it will be patched in an update; however, I wouldn't hold my breath. A factory reset is a huge inconvenience, but it'll return your ringtones (worth it, IMO).
  11. Junior Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    i just installed the update, time to test the facedown smart option again
    edit.. will have to wait for a call since i cannot call myself
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Links