DroidForums.net is the original Verizon Android Forum! Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: random freezes and restarts droid x

1. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

random freezes and restarts droid x

Im sorry if this has been posted before but i just got my x like three days ago and now its been getting random restarts and has frozen up twice to the point i had to do a battery pull. And yesterday i killed the battery then went to charge it back up and it said 5% and wouldn't turn on. Unplugged it and it turned on but said i had a 50% charge on it. Should i consider taking it back to the store to get a replacement? Or are y'all experiencing these issues too?

3. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I'm having a similar problem. I posted on another site and someone pointed me to your posting. Now removing the battery doesn't always get it to start back up. I'm hoping someone has a suggestion besides returning it....
  4. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    X
    Got my X the day of release. Recently my phone has been rebooting at least once a day, usually take place at night.
  5. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid x
    Hi, in summary: I'm having the same problem.
    A little more detail: I also got the x on the release date, and it was great over the weekend. Then I decided that it was time to get music working, which was kind of a nightmare. Doubletwist works almost as poorly as WMP for me, and it was being used at the start of my troubles:
    I was syncing with doubleTwist, but it took hours and it was time to head out, so I clicked the cancel button, and after syncing stopped, turned off the computer. I then unplugged the phone. On the way home, I kept hearing it restart.. over, and over, and over again. Since then, it has been restarting every few minutes UNLESS it is plugged into the computer via USB. Then it functions perfectly normally. Yesterday it became frozen on the Motorola start screen, which I noticed when the screen started to heat up dramatically. I had to pull the battery. I've done a system restart as well, no luck. I've also removed doubleTwist (it actually always says sync fails.. and as an aside, the only way I was able to get music working and ordered by Track#, not alphabetically, was to select USB mode "USB mass storage" and drag and drop music folders into the Music directory. I hope that helps someone), and advanced task killer (which would auto start every time the thing crashed before), still no luck.
    Anybody try anything else? I'm concerned that if I get a replacement, it will simply do the same thing in a few months, or maybe when my warranty runs out.
    "Should i consider taking it back to the store to get a replacement?" -rboutin2
    I tried this, and was told by a useless employee that they're expecting a shipment next week, but no offer to put one aside for me. I contacted the salesman who I bought it from, and am awaiting reply. Either that, ship it out and wait for a new one to come in, or get an iphone 4.
    Last edited by Boomslang; 07-22-2010 at 09:22 AM.
  6. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I bought mine at walmart on release day. got the last one at our walmart. Went there too exchange it, and they dont have any, and have no idea when they'll get some in. Went to verizon, and they said they can't touch it til after 31 from the date of purchase at walmart. So, I'm pretty much screwed.
  7. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Droid X
    I have great news -- well, it was great for me. Rboutin2, have you tried updating the software (Settings --> About Phone --> System Updates). I checked and updates were available. After that, my phone has worked for 24 hours without a shutdown/freeze! Previously it wouldn't work for even 5 minutes without having to yank out the battery, and even then it might not start back up. Give that a try!
  8. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X
    I did the update, and it didnt really help. In fact, i have had worse problems with my wifi than it had before the update lol
  9. Droid
    Member #
    Phone
    Motorola Droid
    I've experienced the random freezing and lagging but not reboots.

Anyone come up with a solution for this or the official word from VZW or Motorola?
  10. Droid
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Phone
    Motorola Droid X

Angry

Small update. I got my replacement x from walmart last night. Was running fine til this morning, when i was on wifi, and browsing the market. Market had the usual network lost , retry error, so i went to turn off wifi, and then back on. and yet again, it wouldnt turn off. Has a dimmer green line under wifi in power control widget, and when I go to settings and wireless, it says cannot stop wifi. Anyone have a fix for this? I'm using a netgear WPN824 v3 router, and I was using WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES] encryption at the time. I'm trying wep now. I'll post back later.
  11. Droid Newbie
    Member #
    Phone
    Enter Current Phone Model Here
    Iv been having the same troubles, i couldnt go a day without having to take the battery out atleast 7 times. i even restored the phone back to the original factory settings, and it still had problems.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links