Hi guys, loving the DroidX except for the fact that I have no GPS ability. Launching Navigator I constantly get a "Searching for GPS" message at the bottom of the screen.
1) Settings>>Location and Security>>USE GPS Satellites is checked and I've tried using Enable Assisted GPS.
2) Downloaded GPS STatus, and all morning it showed me 10 GPS sats that it could find, but I could not get a fix on any of them.
3) GPS Sat icon always flashes
4) Yes, I tested this outside, not in my car
5) I tried uninstalling Maps (reverting to the factory default one). That didn't work. I tried downloading from the Market. No luck.
6) I've tried turning off waiting 5 minutes and turning on.
7) Pulled the battery a few times.
8) I've tried different settings in GPS Status>>Settings>>Sensor Filtering from No filtering to Strong Filtering.
Any other suggestions?
First time droid user too, this is going to replace my car's GPS... as soon as it works.